Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cool flathead

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotskins, Jun 21, 2012.

1. i was messing around on Craigslist and found this neat little engine for sale. I have never seen a flat head like this before. Do you guys think it is worth the $5500 asking price?

[​IMG]

2. cafekid

cafekid

Twin plug V8-60?.... pretty cool, probably worth it in parts and machinig, but unless you have a quarter midget to put it in.... To me not worth it.

EDIT: seems I spoke too soon...... Its a big flattie, and I still like it, but would have to sell something to buy it. So I'd be s.o.l

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  3. 24 stud 59Ab....I'd buy it.

4. moefuzz

moefuzz

Those heads are worth good coin alone. If you've ever built a fast Flathead then you'll know that 5k is average price with offy heads and 2 strombergs etc. Adding those heads to the list of go fast goodies would put you another couple g's into the stratosphere.
    I'd buy it.

5. Twin plug heads is more than just the heads you also have to have the oddball dizzy to go with them. That one has the adapter to go from crab to upright dizzy. It gets real expensive real quick. I wonder what is under those heads.

It takes bore, stroke and relieving of the block to really take advantage of them. A cam change doesn't hurt either.

6. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

If I had the money I wouldn't think twice about giving his asking price for that!

7. A tub

A tub

very nice indeed, those heads are designed to double up spark, twin sparks per cyl has been popular in drags for years, awesome heads, flattys arnt cheap to build but for things like the dizzy and heads etc why not seems fair price for it,
    i will say one thing, man those leads of dizzy are close to that gen and belt( may just be pic), looks like a great engine though thats for sure, good luck with your choice
    A-tub

8. B rough to put a fan on it. :D

looks like the genny is run on a clutch like an AC unit. Maybe you can make it free wheel when you need an edge.

They also ran twin plugs in Land Speed racing.

9. that is a killer deal if its all the parts are inside where there supposed to be,,,,,

10. Great deal I reckon!

11. A tub

A tub

spot on bout the land speed forgive me for not mentioning haha,
    yes it does look like a clutch type , that would make sence, less load for engine always eqauls more power:):D

12. A tub

A tub

btw take note of date of the pic this was taken in 2006 apparently, does it look like this still, id ask for a look or an updated pic from seller, more questions b4 u buy in my opinion, however it does say its 2 20 am also and its daylight in pic

13. Fotoshop, Bet he take,s Western Union ? :eek: OK,now how is the generator held down ?
    If that,s a racing engine would the standard fuel pump deliver enough fuel ? I do see a pressure gauge next to the front carb.

14. Slaytanica

Slaytanica

Dunno how reliable that date stamp is, it also says its 2:30 in the morning

15. flatoz

flatoz

I would pay that, for that motor, and then spend the $$$ to get it back here.

16. 19Fordy

19Fordy

I wonder what distributor that is?

17. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

mate give me the contact details if you pass on it

18. jambottle

jambottle

nash ambassador twin fire ignition. it fires the two plugs a micro second apart .Just like msd does today with their longer duration spark.

19. 37slantback

37slantback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have a lot in my flathead. I think that this engine is interesting at that price provided the internals and everything else is just as nice as the outside.

20. alchemy

alchemy

You can buy the heads new from Orosco for $1950 and the angle drive (without the distributor) for $1495. That only leaves $1555 to build the rest of the engine.

If it's put together correctly, it sounds like quite a deal.

21. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

That engine, for that price ?? BUY IT !!!!! My 8BA, early heads, cam, lifters, shop work, pistons, etc,...added up to over $3,000.

4TTRUK

22. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

pretty cool flatty man

23. jambottle

jambottle

did anyone get this motor?It looks like a high end build.

24. Anyone know where it went?