Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cool encounter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 55chrysler, Jul 10, 2012.

1. 55chrysler

55chrysler
    from kelso wa

I have owned my 60 Merc for 17 years and have never ran across another 2dr hardtop at a car show in all those years.
    Friday I ran down to the Roseburg Or. Graffity weekend. When I got to my hotel there was some hot rodders from Washington staying there also. They saw my merc and said that there was a pink 60 merc 2dr hardtop cruising thru town Thursday night.
    On Saturday night when we were going to the cruise we were driving down the road to the entrance and while we were going down the road there was and area that the 2 lanes were seperated by cones and that is where you exit the cruise if you want to leave. As we came to that area wouldn't you know it the pink 60 was leaving the cruise as we were going by so we ended up driving down the 2 lane road side by side. You couldn't have planned it any better. I wished there would have been someone in front taking pictures as his was a bone stock low miler and mine has been lowered and customized. I have to say it was one of my coolest driving experiances ever. We exchange some talk as we drove down the road. It was awsome to say the least. I saw him one other time on the cruise he was on the side of the road overheating. I was in the far lane and couldn't get over. On my next pass I got over to the other lane to pull over and talk with him but he wasn't there. I never saw him again that night.

2. it was kool thanks for the weekend of cruzzing

3. wallyringo

wallyringo

its kind of cool to own a car that not allot of people have or fix up. Still when im at car shows i hope to see another one, talk to the owner share stories about the car.

4. 55chrysler

55chrysler
    from kelso wa

That is why my wife insists on keeping the Merc. She gets tired of seeing the same cars over and over even if they are differant in there own way.
    I would have sold the car years ago if it wasn't for her. But I have to admit that I like what I have done with the car and it is fun when people walk up and comment on what a nice Impala or nice Caddilac or Edsel. They are blown away when you tell them it is a Mercury.