Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cool Anglia in Mooresville, N.C.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by novas4life, Jul 30, 2012.

1. novas4life

novas4life
    from vnc,wa

While vacationing on the East Coast,I got to go to Darlington Dragway and Mooresville Dragway.
    I saw this Anglia at Mooresville. The announcer said something about it being an original racecar from the 60's,but could'nt hear the history that he was talking about. Anyway heres some pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Brandon

2. novas4life

novas4life
    from vnc,wa

3. chevy3755

chevy3755

cool car......right in the middle of car country

4. I used to work at Southern Automotive! They were the connection in the '60's thru the '90's! Bill for the straight-line guys, and Nelson for the roundy-rounds!

BTW....Southern Automotive is in Greensboro, my hometown!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012

5. DuckusCrapus

DuckusCrapus

Very cool pics! Thanks for sharing.

DC

6. the Hartsoe Bros. (one was named Gwyn, the other the late Elmer) ran that car back in the late 60's and 70's. Most of the paint job is original from 1969. Currently owned by Mac Pressley. It was an IHRA record holder in the early 70's.
    Last I heard Gwyn had a shop in Kannapolis NC

7. cakes

cakes

I used to live 15 minutes from that Mooresville Dragstrip, I have seen that car run quite a few times

8. frank spittle

frank spittle

It was an AA/GS big block Chevy powered Anglia that could hold it's own with the Chrysler powered cars back in the day. Saw it run at Darlington and Rockingham IHRA Nationals many times.

9. bakn5sec

bakn5sec

Hey my name is chris sims i drive that car for Mac we have alot of fun traveling around with it.The car currently runs 5.90-6.00 its a blast to drive on the 90in wheel base all the chassis is still like they had it except for the cage updates and some other things.

10. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Oh yeah, that's an old car for sure! I remember seeing it run a few years back in Buffalo NY for the Willys Home Run. Such a Cool Car!