Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Cool and interesting speed goodies made by Sellers Equipment

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by continentaljohn, May 27, 2020.

1. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

So I bought some stuff from Steve Sellers when he was a Hamb member I know I know.. I also know others that have his cool parts he made. I have a 6x2 471 blower intake topper when he was going out of business or moving on. My buddy Bill has a Sellers windscreen Duvall or haddock I forgot what design it was.
    My question is not about Steve and business practices but his cool products he made . He was a talented machinist /patterns maker.. So what happened to the patterns molds for the stuff. Like my 6x2 carb topper its very well made and great finish even though not drilled or machined. So what other stuff did he make?
    I was wondering if anyone else has his equipment.. I see similar products like he produced are they the patterns... image.jpg image.jpg
    Thanks

2. alchemy

alchemy

3. Years ago I had advertised in the wanted section that I was searching for one or more of the Veda caps, Our youngest grand daughter was named Veda and I thought it would be cool to have a vintage Veda cap hanging on her bedroom wall.

One day out of the blue I got a PM from Steve and he said he was going to reproduce the elusive cap, I didn't know Steve but I told him I would be interested in a set when he made them, almost a year later he sent me another PM and said he wanted to send me some drawings of what he was doing and wanted my address.

Within a week a box arrived and when I opened it there was a Veda hubcap & a Veda spec key chain and a note saying, the hubcap was for my grand daughter Veda and the key chain was for me.

I sent Steve a PM and ask him what I owed him and he said nothing and that my search kind of got the wheels turning and he thought the hub caps were cool.

I don't have anything bad to say about Steve, He is a extremely talented and has been very generous man to a total stranger. HRP

veda001.jpg

4. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

H made some cool things and windshields for a couple of years as well. I wonder if he had a catalog as I do recall him making shocks ,dash inserts and intakes 3x2 2x2 and like the one pictured.

5. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Danny that is so cool and the picture is adorable..

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  6. who built the Brookville 29 roadster with his windshield?
    upload_2020-5-27_16-49-25.png

Jalopy Joker and continentaljohn like this.
  7. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

I believe it was sellers car he was working on @cadillacoffin . It’s been a number of years and was searching the post he had on here but my computer skills suck:D.

8. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Great picture Danny! Your grand daughter is adorable. You guys are so very fortunate.

9. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

he's not on the internet any more, so he must no longer exist. newest link was from the HAMB in 2019.

on a positive note, his name was not in the obituaries. I have found if you google people who have passed their obituary comes up.

10. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Thats Geoff Miles roadster
    I,m not sure if he took it with him when he moved back to Australia

jmkporsche likes this.