Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cookie Cutter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by teddisnoke, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teddisnoke

teddisnoke
    from So Cal

In the hotrodding world , where there is sooo much of the "same thing", its cool to come across something that says, "I don't give a shit! I'll do it the way I want!" This was spotted waaay out in the sidelines of a cruise today. My guess is its a wrecking yard owner who had some stuff that needed a new home. I kinda dug the recycling theme,coarse as sandpaper metalflake, and one badass rat Chevy that would make that tea-cup beg for mercy!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. zgears

zgears

wow, that thing sucks.

theres also too much of " I don't know what the fuck I'm doing"

3. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

He should have "gave a shit"...

4. I hate to say it, but there's a reason why it was way out in the sidelines...

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The bad part is that it would be so easy to make right.
    Loose the way too big (used what I had) radiator and shell and put proper units on it.
    drop the axle and get rid of the silly assed air shocks.
    get rid of the skulls. Hide the cute Ahooga horn.
    Put proper sized hot rod big and littles on it and you are on your way to one slick little hotrod instead something you have to hide way way out back in hope no one sees it and posts a photo on the net.
    The car has a lot of /late 70's did it on a real tight budget look going for it.

That said, there are guys on here who could wheel that rig in their shop and emerge a week later with a pretty sharp car that the majority of us would have a fit over.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

6. Ya know, hot rods are kind of a "Look at me" deal nowadays.

Useta be all about speed and looking from here it seems we are returning to our roots.

A well-built fully accepted - by other hot rodders - car is a demonstration of engineering capabilities.
    There are a lot of smart and innovative things done on most hot rods as well as a lot of idea's stolen from them.

There are also cars with the "Look at me" aspect, but most times somewhat - or a whole lot - lacking in taste.

It strikes me that there won't be a whole lot of ideas copied from the car in question.

I try hard not to rag on another guy's car, but this one missed the mark by a considerable margin....

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  7. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

....................+1

8. That supposed to look like a, what???????

9. 343w

343w

To Mr. T-bucket man,"you give love a bad name". With all the great cars on the west coast available to a builder for examples, it's hard to understand why someone would do such a thing! Coulda, shoulda, woulda. Hopefully it was the guys first try.

10. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

i think whoever built it built it the way HE WANTED TO!!!!it doesnt do anything for me but i like the fact that he doesnt care what other people think and doesnt conform!!it also looks like he drives it so he is having alot more fun than some of us just trying to build the RIGHT LOOKING CAR.to me hot rodding is take what you have and make it work,dont just pull out your catalog and order it!!

11. Saw your roadster parked at Prescott last month.
    Looks better in person than in the pics.

Most times it's the other way round.

I'da stuck around, but the ice cream trailer was calling....:D

12. I don't agree that he built it the way he wanted.

More likely, built from what was on hand.

I'll give him credit for getting it up and running which is more than some of us can do.

It seems too, that in a field of perhaps 50 cars or so and the one you're driving is considerably different ought to give you a clue.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

13. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Hmm... well that's interesting. :D

14. Jamin

Jamin
    from Australia

Is that grille a Peterbuilt?

15. skwurl

skwurl

Its got potential. I dont think it was a dare to be different approach. I think it was an I dont know how a hot rod should look but I;'m gonna give it a shot approach. To the untrained eye its probably pretty cool. It just won't fly here.

16. HotRod33

HotRod33

I don't really like much about it at all but It could be worse... it could be a trailer Queen.....

17. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

18. Famous quote by a lot of Hambers,,"Just because you can dosen't mean you should"

I had a good friend who was fond of saying,,"That thing is uglier than a mud fence."

Rat Rods abound now so it was just a matter of time before someone dreamed up throw evcerything you can find in a pile and buils something different,,uh,,a Circus Wagon Rod! :eek: HRP

19. ........+2:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.