Pop's and my conversion of a 4 door sedan into a 5 window coupe. With help from Chris Davenport. Already made quite a bit of progress, so i will post a few pictures to get everyone up to date. Hope to learn from the community and hope this thread will help someone else. Now for the tear down Placed in the cross bracing. Now the fun part. She's all sand blasted. Rebuilding the sub rails. The original bottom hinge was missing so we took a hinge off of the back door that we were not using and then grafted a new piece of metal onto the hinge so it would be the length we needed. Also took a pice off of the back door bracing and grafted it in and welded it to the hinge. Worked great. Mocking up the back quarters and trunk to get a feel of what we are getting into. Mocking up the back end trying to get all the lines and curves right. Had to do some shrinking on the passenger quarter panel to get the trunk and the quarter on the same plane. Looking like Frankenstein. turned a small flange and cleko'd it to the quarter panel so it would hold the correct shape. Repairing the bottom of the inner panel of the passenger door. Created a new structural piece for the bottom corner. Put in some much needed cross bracing inside the doors, "on the side he's got bound for glory, in red, white and blue flash paint." who knows the reference????? Doing some adjusting on the hinges to get the gaps right on the doors. Doing some much needed rust repair/patch work. Creating inner bracing out of scratch. Cant afford to buy that stuff new. Plus its cooler when you make it. Bondo was used to the the exact profile of the belt line. Once it was hardened Chris sliced it in half and scanned it onto the computer to get an exact computer duplicate to send of to the machinist to get a dye made. We later discovered that the belt line was tapered so we ended up cutting the dye in half and stamping out one side of the belt line at a time. Chris pounded out a door skin on the power hammer and we did some pre stretching for the belt line. Here in the previous two photos you can see that only one side of the belt line has been hammered out. The picture below is the finished panel and belt line in place. I guess that i can only upload 30 pictures in one post. More to come.