Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Constant pressure valve body

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coilover, Jul 4, 2018.

1. coilover

coilover
    from Texas

Looking at the TCI constant pressure valve body for a 2004R OD trans which is supposed to stop band/clutch damage no matter where the shift points happen. I have a 2004R in my 37 Buick straight eight and have had problems. Don't have room for the 700R4 without both frame and floor mods so would like to get the 200 to work. Have read and followed the Art Carr instructions for adjusting the TV cable and have a fresh trans in right now but if a $350 part guarantees a long life span I'd go that route. Anyone with experience with this part? Thank you.

2. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

How about a Trans Go Shift Kit?

3. XXL__

XXL__

My ASSumption from the OP post is that he has had low pressure-related problems. If my assumption (of his diagnosis) is correct, a generic Trans-Go shift kit wouldn't really offer a solution. The Trans-Go kit doesn't "resolve" line pressure like the TCI valve body is supposed to.

To the OP-- I don't have direct experience with the TCI part... just heard a conversation or two about it from others who made similar change or were considering it.

4. 33 cdan man

33 cdan man

I have this in my 200r4 behind a 400 sbc in my 66 Nova. Works great. I have put about 50k miles on it. Don't have to worry about smoking the trans due to adjustment of the tv cable.

5. I have one in my Roadster. Ford AOD. The best thing about this is you don't have to worry about getting the TV cable exactly right. In the AOD application you MUST have the TV cable adjust perfectly or you will burn up the trans in 10 miles. This is a good alternative.

6. TexasT

TexasT
    from Texas

Those constant pressure vb are awful hard on the pump. GM designed it to be variable so elevating it all the time causes extra wear on the components like the vanes, rotor and pump slide.

What did the builder do to this overhaul that makes them think it will live? Does this builder have a list of happy 2004r customers or is it just the "trans shop that does the racing trans in your area?" Without proper assembly it wont last long no matter what parts you use.

If you need some suggestions I'm glad to try and help.