[img]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj52/Kustom52Mopar/3B6D6027-8960-418D-954F-1B8C06C580C0.jpg" \/>
Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Connector for fuel sending unit

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BigThree, Apr 5, 2014.

1. BigThree

BigThree

I'm hoping someone can give an idea. It concerns my vehicle which is a little off topic on this forum but no place else is giving any response. So please forgive me, I need some HAMB ingenuity.

On the fuel sending unit on my ElCamino is just a little stem, I need to find a connector or an idea to attach the wire to it. The original harness is long gone and the factory replacement from resto places is $30 + shipping, that's a little ridiculous for 12" of wire.

Here's a pic of what I've got, feel free to discuss. And thanks for reading.

[​IMG]</a>[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. 24riverview

24riverview

I've used the single wire version of this style GM terminal before. No help on where to get other than a old GM harness, the actual terminal was available in the past. Not much help I know.

Attached Files:

3. BigThree

BigThree

Well it's a start anyway! Hopefully at the swap set tomorrow I'll find something in a ball of old wires. Thanks for the pic.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

I've used the right size butte conn. Bend it at a right angle so it doesn't hit the floor. Solder the connection, as the right ones are usually a lot bigger than the wire size you use.