Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Connect T5 trans to stock speedometer, 50 Chevy Deluxe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RUSS BUCKLIN, Nov 21, 2020.

1. RUSS BUCKLIN

RUSS BUCKLIN
    from Seattle

My 50 Fleetline deluxe is receiving a 350 SBC with T5 5spd, cable speedometer connection. Do these hook up easily to the original speedo in the dash? Anyone done this? I would like to get a replacement, vintage look, GPS speedo/gauge cluster but can't really find one I like, so maybe have to stick with the original gauge if it will work.

Thanks for any info or experience y'all can share.

2. Yes, if you have a cable drive on the T5, they will connect. Check with @e1956v for speedometer service and cable questions.

e1956v likes this.
  3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If it does have a mechanical speedometer drive on the trans you can buy or get a correction box for lack of a better term that works like a tiny quick change in that you figure out how much the speedometer is off and swap gears in the unit to correct the speedometer. Most semi truck shops sell them and a lot of

4x4 truck shops have them. Most look similar to this one that I borrowed the photo of from GoWesty. speedo correcton box.jpg