Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Congrats Wood Brothers Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuces, Feb 20, 2011.

1. threewindaguy

threewindaguy

Congratulations to Woods brothers and Trevor Bayne.Please take Chis Myers out of the booth,get rid of Digger and enough of the boogity,boogity.Its racing not Disney.

2. primed34

primed34

What's a hockey?:) Glad to see the old guard win a race.

3. would rather see actual bodied cars not just same blob with different stickers on them

4. Falconred

Falconred

The Woods Brothers have always been one of my favorite groups. After Fred Lorenzen left HM I started to pull for the Woods Brothers and even talked cams once with Tommy Turner who built their engines at HM. actually he was talking and I was listening.

5. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Congrats on the winner, too. Great finish. Good to see someone new in the lime-light.

Lousy race, IMHO. Like a 3-legged sack race at 195. You try to run 50 yards with one leg tied to someone elses. Record number of cautions - somehow the announcers seem to celebrate that number as if it was a good thing. Gary

6. BobbyD

BobbyD
    from Belmont NC

Leonard and Eddie Woods both still are hands on in the day to day operations of the team. Roush provides motors since Holman-Moody shut down the engine program for Winston cup cars. I don't watch many anymore either but I was glad to see this kid get the win!

7. havi

havi

I agree. The Wood Brothers bring dignity to a sport that has little of it left.

8. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Happy days for us Ford guys! a 1-2-3 Ford finish and the Wood Bros back in Victory Lane after such a long dry spell,life is good! Congats to Trevor on a great victory! Hope we see you there some more.

9. fbama73

fbama73

I gave up on NA$CAR about seven years ago. Great to see the Wood broithers there, and Trevor bayne is a class act- drove smart, and treats others (on and off the track) with the respect that I would expect from a kid from Eastern Tennessee. I actually gave NASCAR a Sunday afternoon for the first time in a LONG time, and didn't regret it. I think I know better than to give them next Sunday, though.

10. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

Couldn't really call it a race. More like a demolition derby. You don't really win those, you survive. Almost all of the drivers who made the Chase last season were out of the race or many laps down.

11. HotRod33

HotRod33

It was a great start to a young career for trevor B. winning a cup race before he even has won on the nationwide level where he will compete full time this year. Was great to see the woods brothers in victory lane they had not been there since 1976.... only down side is the car gets put on display at Daytona and they don't get it back till after next years race.

12. 3in1

3in1
    from nevada tx

Nascars better than ever after watching for over 45 years , back in the good old days when cars would lap the field by the half way mark you could leave and beat the traffic boy that was great huh . Racing will never be traditional its not in the nature of the sport to stifle free thinking . Its great to think about the good ol days but it should be left in ones skull. my point is for the guys that complain that the cars are not stock ,well get over it thats something that will never happen . congrats Wood Bros.

13. I agree, the racing was bizarre with the goofy two car draft, it looked like trailer racing! I was ready to chalk it up as one of the worst ever until the end when Trevor Bayne won the big one on his first try with the Wood Brothers who hadn't won a race since 1976 with David Pearson! Jeff Gordon called it right earlier in the week when he worked with him in the 200 and said the kid was the real deal.

14. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

It does my heart good to see a great team that many had written off come back and win the big prize with a talented young man behind the wheel.

15. oldman2

oldman2

Just a great day, when you get the right two paired together, Woods and Bayne. This is one day this young man will never forget.

16. Deuces

Deuces

I'm sure Ford or Jack Roush can help them out with a few cars and supplies...

17. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

I'm happy for both the team amd driver. I bet Waltrip wishes he would have kept that
    kid.

18. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I told my husband i bet that kid was peeing his pants on that last lap. It's great to see the Woods Brothers in victory lane. It was cool to see everyone in victory lane to congratulate him.

19. 61 chevy

61 chevy

great day for woods bros

20. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

Pretty cool to see the Wood brothers car win again.

21. Johncovert

Johncovert

That was Leonard Wood in victory circle today.....was good to see him there.....No, Rousch didnt buy them out, but a few years ago, Robert Yates racing (28 and 88 car) provided motors and motor parts for them and then later they entered into a similar arrangement with Rousch ....Today was my favorite Daytona since Earnhardt finally won......

22. Norfab

Norfab

The kid is running with some pretty elite company. The other drivers that have won Daytona with the Wood brothers were; Tiny Lund, A J Foyt, Cale Yarboro, and David Pearson. Lots of history there. Congratulations

23. frank spittle

frank spittle

True, there were a lot of crashes but the race itself was one of the best I have ever seen. The skill it takes for one car to push another car into turns at 206 mph and both cars never lifting is mindboggling. We have the best drivers NASCAR has ever seen...and a guy who was still a teenager while racing with Jeff Gordon on Thursday winning the race? Fairytale!!

24. crashbox

crashbox

Trevor Bayne stayed near the front all day and out of trouble. Ford: Remember, what wins on Sunday sells on Monday. Do a sponsership deal with the #21 team! Race fans want to see more of this young man and the Wood brothers in victory lane.

25. It was good to see the Wood Brothers in victory lane again. Bayne winning at his first attempt was worth spending the afternoon watching.

26. No Cents

No Cents

Exactly what I was thinking.
    I guess I am old because I understand.
    Or do I understand because I'm old............

27. Old Racer 35

Old Racer 35
    from virginia

Modern day Miracle!

28. movingviolation

movingviolation

Im a #18 & #22 fan but... the Wood Brothers win today with the 20yr old rookie was a great win! Nice to have anyone but Gordon or Johnson in the winners circle.

29. sun down

sun down
    from tx

nice win and I bet the pay out will be a good one..
    nice to see someone else like the #18 and #22 lol

30. Deuces

Deuces

Next thing you know, we'll see his mug on a box of cereal... I just hope it's on a box of Kellog's sugar frosted flakes... The're Great!! :D