Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Concours d'Lemons coverage, WHERE is the HUDSON?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BuckeyeBuicks, Aug 22, 2019.

1. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I just saw a article on the internet about the Concours d'Lemons. There were 99 pictures, VWs, Packards, vans, Toyotas. Edsels, and all kinds of other crappy vehicles but not one of out hero's Hudson. What's up with that?:mad::mad::mad:

2. That was a show, Squirrel did the rally; two separate events.

3. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I know, I just wanted to see the Hudson again, its soooo purdy:p

4. squirrel

squirrel

It was across the street, in the other lot....sorry.

here's a pic I took today, after it's bath, and adding the side trim I picked up Monday.

clean.jpg

5. catdad49

catdad49

Dang, almost ready for a "survivor" concours class!

6. wvenfield

wvenfield

I see no reason for the Hudson to have been there. I've seen pictures of quite a few nice cars that were there.

7. Dang it , man. If I was in the market for another car I would be looking for that one or another like it. Super.

Ben

Hnstray likes this.
  8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jim was in the drive the wheels off it event with little or no show involved. Concours d'Lemons it's a toss up some times if the car or the owner is the weird part of the entry and it is all show.
    The driving event sounds like a lot more fun even with it's trials and tribulations.

upspirate likes this.
  9. squirrel

squirrel

It's all fun, the Rally lasts all week, though. I made sure to visit the nice old lady with the French maid outfit, who rides around in the Panhard convertible. And I also checked out the Yugo convertible. Last time I was there, 2017, they had two Muntz cars.

10. wvenfield

wvenfield

Saw a picture of a 55 Pontiac Safari where it was noted it used to be a rail dragster push vehicle and thought, dang, I would love to have that car.

11. uncle buck

uncle buck

A good friend of mine made the trip in his ‘55 desoto 4x4 he built for the gambler 500 a couple years ago. He said and his wife had a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. squirrel

squirrel

I met them....didn't get to spend much time talking with them, they were always far ahead of me!

13. uncle buck

uncle buck

They were always in a hurry to the next gas station I’m sure. lol. I think they got an award for the biggest environmental disaster or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Thanks Jim, I always look forward to your road trip adventures. Congrats on the first place win!!

squirrel likes this.