Register now to get rid of these ads!

Computer Settings, HAMB Forum Settings, or?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Thor1, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Guys,

I am using a different computer than I normally do. When I place my cursor over thread titles in the various forums, or over the tabs at the top of the page I do not see the pop-up window that gives me a preview of the what the post.

Is this something I need to set-up on my computer, a setting that I need to make on the HAMB, or perhaps a setting that I need to make on my browser? (Mozilla).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

2. It might help to know which operating systems (old and new) that you're working with. Are you running the latest update of Firefox?

Have you tried running Internet Explorer, Chrome or some other browser to see if the problem exists there as well? Might help in sorting out if it's a browser or OS issue.

I thought the little pop-up windows were referred to as "tool tips" though I've yet to find any mention of enabling or disabling them in the Firefox help documentation. In the back of my mind I'm wondering if this requires that something like Java has to be installed and enabled in your new OS, but it could also be something installed in your browser as well, I suppose. I'm just not 100% positive which way to steer you. Maybe you have to enable "pop-ups" from the Jalopy Journal in your browser to see this feature?

3. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the response Claymart. I will check some of the items you mentioned. If I learn anything I will report back.

4. Well it seems to have nothing to do with pop-up window settings. At work I've got Firefox on a Win10 machine with all pop-ups blocked and at home I have Firefox running on Win7 with a handful of sites exempted from blocking, but not the Jalopy Journal. The info windows still pop-up on both systems like they usually do.

Is your new computer connected with a different service provider? If the new service is slower the browser may turn off some unnecessary features to provide faster page loads. If anybody has a handle on how all this stuff works, you might try dropping Ryan a PM. I'm curious myself now if this more a function of the OS or the browser, or both.