Register now to get rid of these ads!

Computer Issues: Accessing the HAMB

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 48 Poncho, Apr 1, 2012.

1. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

Don't know if its my computer or not but I am having trouble getting here and once here its extremely slow, almost like dial up.

Anyway I usually get here by clicking on the HAMB from my "Favorites" tab on the Yahoo home page. Since yesterday and this morning it will not take me here by doing that. The only way that works is by "Googling" the HAMB and clicking on it from the search page. It takes forever it seems for it to load and once here if I click on any threads it is still slow responding. I cleared Cookies and Files but nothing seems to help inspeeding it up. Ran a scan and my PC is clean.

Anybody else having these problems or have a suggestion I can try?

Thanks..............48 Poncho

2. Same problem here : (

3. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Me too. Saturday morning I saw a slow spell, went to FordBarn and it was fine there.
    Slow right now here too.

4. tbill

tbill
    from central ny

having similar issues this morning, way slow to connect today. posting this may take a bit probably.

5. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's really s--l--o--w ........

6. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

slow here as well,error 500

7. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

Slow for me too.

8. boldventure

boldventure

Yeah me too. For a while now 2-3 weeks especially early AM if I try to start the HAMB it will be really slow, If I go away and come back in 30 min. it seems better and that seems odd...
    I don't think it is my computer or the service provider though because everything is quite fast on other sites.

9. 32 hudson

32 hudson

Yes same here as all the above situations.

10. tbill

tbill
    from central ny

funny thing, after i made my post here, it's back to 'normal', everything is loading quick again.

11. NMCarNut

NMCarNut
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Guess I'll also post to see if it speeds up for me. While occasionaly it loads normally, it is usually slow to very slow. Most, if not all, other sites I visit load normally so not so sure if it is a computer issue or HAMB issue.

12. n847

n847

Been slowing down for a few days now...actually an error earlier! ran good for a few last night but really bad this morning!

13. flathead4d

flathead4d

Same problem here. Really slow for the last couple of weeks. Sometimes get error 500. I know it's not my computer as all other things work very fast. Gotta be something wrong with the program.

14. khead47

khead47

Veeeeeery sloooooooow heeeeeeere.

15. Extra slow.

16. 53Hattie

53Hattie

No issues getting here, last night late it seemed to be OK, but this morning it's pretty slow...

17. Larry T

Larry T

Slow for me when I first get on in the morning (usually 8:00, give or take). After that, it's usually ok.
    Larry T

18. flathead4d

flathead4d

Did what tbill said and posted a reply and now it's running fast again. Had to wait a long time to make a post but seems to be worth it. Give it a try.

19. robber

robber

Same exact thing here...

20. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

This morning it is zipping right along but the last few days it will time out on me trying to log on or to open a thread or post.

I thought it might have something to do with that idiot group "Anonymous" who said they were going to shut down the internet, but all the other forums I am on are working ok, so it just must be overload here or something.

Don

21. Same thing, very slow or error around 8 in the morning for more than a week. Earlier or later it always OK.

22. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Absolutely dragging this AM at 9:30 or so.... stopped trying to log in and went off to a different site - yes there are others - then came back at 10:30 and it now seems ok. PITA!

23. krooser

krooser

I'm no expert but logging on to one of the world's busiest forums may have something to do with it.

Ryan has THOUSANDS of $$$ invested in servers just to keep this deal going and, on occasion, it gets a little slow....

24. Was very slow this morning but seems to be back to normal for me now.
    First time I ever had difficulty.

25. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

I just answered a private message and now it seems its running faster. Crazy!!!!!

48 Poncho

26. silent rick

silent rick

kind of like the car up on jackstands with the wheels off slow. could there be some maintenance that goes on early sunday morning? every thing seems back to normal.

27. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

It seems to be sporadic in terms of getting on to the site. Sometimes no issues other times it simply will not load. One poster mention the money Ryan has invested in hardware for the site, no disagreement there, but he may want to know when that investment is not working so well. It has been for me like this the past 2 or 3 weeks.

28. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Moving along fine at the moment.

29. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Lately, it's been very slow but only in the AM, EST, for awhile. Gary

30. Larry T

Larry T

Went from good to basically unusable at 7:56, back in business at 8.10.
    Larry T