Register now to get rid of these ads!

compressors?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by damnedmk, Aug 22, 2006.

1. damnedmk

damnedmk

Any recomendations on 30 gallon compressors,craftsman,husky,kobalt?I need the quitest one possible.Before my garage fire I had a 26 gallon craftsman and it rusted really easily and was pretty loud.thanks mike

2. Ruiner

Ruiner

I've been looking at the Sanborn upright compressors lately, not a bad deal for something small...belt driven too, nice and quiet...

3. we had a craftsman for the longest time, it recently blew up in one of the employees face pretty much, now we have a ingersoll rand.....should do pretty good this time.

4. hsheartaches

hsheartaches

Hey Mike...You don't know me but we have mutual friends. I have a 60gal Campbell Hausefield that I've had for about 8 years with no problems. Never used a drop of oil. They have smaller sizes though, since you're looking for a 30 gallon. Hope the benefit went well! I wanted to make it up and have my band play, but I was already booked down here. Anyway, hope this helps.

5. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

We run our intake outside and that cuts the noise down a lot. It requires making a hole in the wall, but, keeps the noise down. Stu

6. blue_oval23

blue_oval23

Campbell Hausefield are very nice, and with my smaller one, it doesnt seem like it takes for ever to fill up. not to loud either.

7. Ruiner

Ruiner

8. Nicholson

Nicholson

I have a Campbell Hausefield and an Ingersoll-Rand and have not had any problems with either one. If you are going to run air tools on it you might look into one that is a two-stage.

9. Air tanks that are rusting out quickly are usually not being drained daily. You need to control the moisture that results when compressed air temperatures moderate during the compression cycles. Its great if you can run the air from the pump thru a drier before it enters the storage tank. I know that sometimes this is difficult on a small compressor set up but it really helps to keep things working smoothly. The larger the system the more necessary this type of set up is.
    Make sure you drain the tank daily as this is what will probably help the most
    Larry

10. Nekronomicon

Nekronomicon

To get the noise down even more, pack out the enclosure with accoustic foam. Although that could be a bit expensive so maybe try the old egg carton trick aswell...

11. Big Dad

Big Dad

www.greenvalleycompressor.com --Call Mike OR email, He can help you
    its what they do and all they do ..and can ship one to Austin from Fort Worth
    no problem --they service what they sell and stand behind it

12. Big Dad

Big Dad

Call or email Mike @ www.greenvalleycompressor.com --
    They service what they sell, they wil lstand behind the product
    and ship nationwide --daily , they have complete line of pumps, tools
    compressors, etc -- They are in here in Fort Worth , Texas
    Any questions you have they can answer

13. damnedmk

damnedmk

Thanks man ,I'll look into it,later mike

14. damnedmk