Register now to get rid of these ads!

Complaint and Warning about Howell's Sheet Metal in TX!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dubbzilla, Oct 16, 2007.

1. txturbo

txturbo

wow....and I just found these guys today....I was planning to go by there and pick up some model A parts next time I'm in Beaumont visiting mom.

2. slinginrods

slinginrods
    from florida

Original post in 2007.

3. Ice man

Ice man

I had a similar problem with them, and at the time I lived in St Thomas,VI. (I was in a real fix) Got in touch with a HAMEer who live close to there shop. He went over to there place of business and ironed out the problems and then I got the door bottoms. Took a while, but in the end I was a happy camper. Iceman

4. txturbo

txturbo

maybe its better to go there in person....

5. so_dak_kid

so_dak_kid

Had a bad experience with them about 10 years ago, shitty customer service and shitty parts that didnt fit (even after I sent them the originals to go by).

6. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

It's a small operation that produces quality parts.. My buddy works there. Just a two or three man operation ... It doesn't surprise me there backed up they ship stuff all over the world. They also supply a lot of other companies with there products. Worth the wait IMO. I guess I'm lucky , I walk in and grab what I need:)

7. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

Since this thread started back in 2007, things maybe have changed. Overall it indicates they concentrate on their production parts and not the special orders. They should either drop doing the special orders or AT LEAST be honest with the customer on the delivery time. If my business was booming on everyday production parts, and the help was always busy as mentioned in post #216, in the long run, special orders will cost you money to produce. Bite the bullet Howells and let the customers know (in a very polite way) you do not do special orders. My 2 cents.

8. telecaster_6

telecaster_6

What a bunch of SCAM ARTISTS! They have lied to me 3 times now. First saying the parts were shipped, then he told me he shipped them to my old address and he was sending new parts out. I know the guy who bought my old house...nothing ever showed up there, and now its been over a week and half, no new order. I've been trying to call them all day and i"m thinking they are avoiding me at this point. So now i'm out $150 and almost 2 months waiting for the parts to get my car ready to paint.

BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!

9. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

Ordered 2 '31 coupe floor panels a month and a half ago and received them within 10 days...... so far so good. The panel behind the seat fit perfectly, but the underseat panel was 1/4" too wide. Called them up (someone actually answered the phone!), explained the situation and was told they'd make one 1/4" narrower and get it out. It's now been 3 weeks and they're not answering the phone or returning messages. Now I have to get a hold of the CC company and dispute the bill when all I really want is a panel that fits. I sure wish someone else made this panel (the style Howell's does).......:(

10. Uptown83

Uptown83

I ordered some patch panels about a month ago and got them in about 4 days. Everything was what I wanted and expected.

11. I have done business with Howell's a few times and I have been satisfied with the service and the product. But I work in an industry where service is king and it sounds to me like all you got was lip service. I am in sales and honesty is the best policy with customers. If you can't do whatever for two months tel the customer that and don't mislead them.

12. dmo

dmo

terrible service also, waited forever on parts i orderd for 1930 model a-finally they must have had caller id, they would not even awnser my calls, had to use a differant # to call them, what a joke they are-terrilbe customer service!!!

13. txturbo

txturbo

I bought some model a parts a few weeks ago. Called a couple times and nobody answered. The 3rd time when the machine picked up I started leaving a message with my company name and said I would send somebody by to pickup the parts and a guy picked up. So it sounds like they screen the calls. He took my order over the phone and I sent my mother over there to pick up the parts a couple hours later since she lives there. So maybe commercial business gets better service or something. maybe I should start playing the middle man...:D

14. telecaster_6

telecaster_6

Yes, Ryan screens his phonecalls. I had to make a claim with paypal after he never gave me a refund like he claimed he did. What a scammer.

15. koppy

koppy
    from VA

I'll add to this, as well. After my "in stock" parts hadn't shipped for 2 1/2 weeks, I called and sent an email. They did actually call me back the next day. Said the parts were in stock and would ship them that day. Called again the following day (today) to check to see if they shipped. They didn't. I canceled the order. Hopefully my PayPal gets refunded as they said they took care of it. I'll spend 2x the money and the time to make it myself before I ever order from them again.

16. jesse1980

jesse1980

Wow,this place is still ripping people off 6 years later.

17. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

I've purchased parts from him on evilBay and I have never had a problem.

18. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

This thread is 5 going on 6 years old the bashing is still going on. Hope the word spreads this go around without taking up a bunch of space!!!

19. samkemper

samkemper
    from Portland

I wish I would have read this thread. Ordered a Model A Dash on Christmas Eve. It arrivied Apr 5th. Tried to call, voice mail ETC. Went with a different company, had it in a week. RUN away from them.

20. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

My order got here in a few short days ……. Nice stuff

21. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

That's because they don't dare screw around with someone on ebay because they'd soon lose their ability to sell their product line there. No doubt, the 'buy it now' purchase gets shipped within a few days while some poor guy who paid for that very same part has been waiting months for them to get around to making the part and shipping it out to him. Priorities are out of order.

Howell's
    Jamco
    Dan King headers
    etc.

How is it that these types of operations continue to thrive and exist?

22. garys27

garys27
    from amboy wa.

Howell has always sent me what I needed. I always just bought their advertised parts. I am glad they are in business as I need them. They have always treated me fair. I just buy by computer and PayPal and it always come in a timely manner. Thank you Howell sheet metal. Gary

23. 5window

5window

One post, no intro. Fishy. 95%+ bad reports. You might as well buy a Powerball ticket and plan to open your own sheet metal fab shop.

24. gtolarry

gtolarry
    from Texas

He made a patch panel for a 56 T bird. It took a while but I live 20 miles from the shop so I stopped by once a week until I got it.

25. anteek49

anteek49

I've always ordered direct and got delivery as promised. This isn't a guy beating out panels on a tree stump. They ship over 200 packages a day...check with UPS. If anyone even think that they can do better,go in business and see if it is easy. Whiners make me sick.

26. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

This shop, after MANY complaints, has a very poor reputation dealing with phone orders, customer concerns, and complaints. Poor service is poor service. A customer has the right to make a justifiable complaint and should not be described as a "whiner". If all they are willing to handle is the EPAY model of business they should not be taking any other types of orders since they are incompetent is such regards. I hate people who are not informed and then try to come off as "experts"!

27. rods29sedan2

rods29sedan2

Just adding my 2-cent's worth about Howell's in Beaumont. I've been buying from them for many years, before anyone even knew who they were but, in my last several orders, I've come to expect SOMETHING be wrong........taking 3 weeks to deliver.......won't respond to email or phone messages...or something being wrong with the order. This time, it's a damaged Model A deck lid skin that, due to the damage, was obviously put in the box that way. I can fix almost anything but, the point is that I paid a premium price and waited over 3 weeks to receive what's obviously a '2nd' quality item. I'm going to give them the opportunity to make a correction on this but, I don't expect to be satisfied and I don't plan to buy from them in the future. I'm tired of dealing with them. They've just become another source of irritation that I don't need.

28. fergusonic

fergusonic
    from Kokomo, In

I ordered parts 3 months ago and made many no-answer calls. When I did get to talk to Ryan he said he would send all but one part as he didn't have that parts yet. He didn't send anything. I decided to drive to Beaumont to resolve and when I arrived; he went to the back and brought up the most of the parts. I asked for him to open the box with '34 Running Boards and when he did; he discovered they were '32s even tho the box was marked '34. He went back to get another box and when he returned empty handed he said that they were all marked wrong and that he had none. So I was short the Running Boards and another part and he told me that he buys those parts and he had no clue as to when they would be in. I cancelled those parts and he refunded me plus shipping costs that had previously been charged to me. His phone rang about 6 times while he was in front of me; he looked at the phone, hit a button, and put it back in his pocket. Then I told him that the Internet has bad things to say about him......he said "I know, I know"....then I said the Better Bus. B had bad things to say about him also and again his response was "I know" . I asked him why.....he says he had fired 6 workers due to stealing, had 11 workers last year, and only has one worker now. (and THAT's why you don't answer the phone and don't send parts to customers?) I just looked at him, shook my head, and walked out.

29. CUSTOMCLINE

CUSTOMCLINE
    from INDIANA

I'm going through the same thing now and it's pissing me off!!!!

30. CUSTOMCLINE

CUSTOMCLINE
    from INDIANA

I just want my parts that I already paid for!!! Asshole won't answer his phone or emails.