Register now to get rid of these ads!

Comp Coupe Body Mount

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 296moon, Mar 7, 2012.

1. 296moon

296moon
    from england

I am looking for pics of how comp coupe bodys were mounted or hinged back in the early sixtys, I know its not hard to do but I would like mounts and hold downs on mine that look traditional, I have searched but not found anything, cheers Moon

2. 296moon

296moon
    from england

So should I use string or rope?, if pics help its for this [​IMG]

3. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Moon post pics of the back of your chassis and a inside shot of the body as it will sit in relation to the chassis when completed , hope that made sense , it's a steel body right Tim

4. 296moon

296moon
    from england

Tim its a glass body that I shrunk down a bit, best pic I have of the back frame [​IMG]

5. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

these are some pics of the funny car body and the back of the chassis I haven't had a chance to match this body to this chassis yet but it might give you an idea , I'll try to find some pics for you tonight, but your pics of your chassis will help some of these other guys to help you figure it out also Tim

Attached Files:

6. I don't know, but that thing is wicked cool.

7. 296moon

296moon
    from england

Thanks tim, I sorta knew it would be the hook and tube thing, just wonderd if there were other ways,,,,,,,,,

8. gasserjohn

gasserjohn

you can just see the brackets on the rear of chassis that the body cross bar fits into..........

all the chassis shops have kits for mounting the body look at their sites for ideas

Attached Files:

9. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

I'm sure with all the old racers on here there will be more ideas and ways they did them back in the day