Register now to get rid of these ads!

Coming to the Pileup, some things to do...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magnet, Sep 29, 2008.

1. The SW Chicago HAMB & Eggers should be at 'R' Place at 5:30 am to meet Hot Rod Chassis and Biz-Mon.

Also FWIW there are 60 restaurants in Morris, the best being Chapin's IMO... so far.:D

2. btbsandman

btbsandman

Can we bring a kegger in???

3. Steve I really don't think that's the best idea....

4. btbsandman

btbsandman

so you mean I have to uninstall my keggerator in my car trunk then :mad:

5. magnet

magnet

Save the snot slinging commode hugging drinking for the bar.. we need you in shape to actually do things for us Steve :)

Campers.. come see me.. late campers.. set up where the other tents are.. RV's geeze you call that campin? we will find a spot, come talk to me when you get in.

Other than that.. i think it should be a good time..

Oh yeah. To cut down on traffic at the main gate.. swap meet vendors are going in the race track gate or "north gate" .. and if you buy something big at the swap.. and cant carry it out to your truck, you have to go in and out at the north gate.

And be sure to stop by the front area and introduce yourselves, its always nice to meet people.. and remember faces with names.

6. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

hey- don't forget about La Mex. good mexican food made by mexicans...

it's downtown there somewhere.

7. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Damn that is early. I would have to leave the house at 4:30 since I'm on BABYWATCH 2008™.

8. ProTeal55

ProTeal55
    from Chicago

Looking forward to the event...

9. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

I thought 7 am was bad. whatta you do, go to bed at noon. Im riding the bike if anyone wants to ride along, let me know.

10. Hellfish

Hellfish

The babes and I will be there by noon on Friday wrangling the swappers and corralling the vendors and generally getting the Fairgrounds in shape. If you stop by, be prepared to work. :D

11. magnet

magnet

So i was asked a pizza question... in Morris

Sams pizza will be at the show and has a place right near the old bar.. (down the alley). He is a good guy and loves the pileup.

Aurelios, which is delivery only i think.. is the typical pizza of the south chicago suburbs. Note.. this is not chicago style. this is thin "butter" crust.

Chicago Pizza Department.. i have heard.. has Chicago style pizza. I have never eaten there.. but am interested in trying it out.

Of course the only good deep dish "Chicago Style" pizza places are Lou Malnati's, Giordano's and Pizzaria Uno... which dont have places in Morris.

I have heard through the grapevine that the bar has "plenty" of PBR on ice and is ready to go..

.... and that the International Man Of Mystery, Captain Fancy Pants(tm) himself .. will make a limited public appearance both friday and sat night at the Red Cent.. and will be signing autographs saturday all day at the pileup.. no fee for photographs with him.

:)

See you chuckleheads there.

12. Golden Mile was bought out by The Hot Rod Barn exit 105 & I 80. 7 miles west of rt 47. If you can't stop by the shop they'll be in booths 1&2 at the Pile-Up and can gets parts to you.

13. Chicago Pizza Department is good with a new location on north Liberty st.

Also Maria's on rt 47 has good pizza.

14. voodoochili

voodoochili

I'm jazzed about the Red Cent (more room yeah!) but I can live without the PBR. It was horse piss when I was a kid and it's still horse piss. OK I SAID IT, LET IT FLY!

15. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

AW, PAPAW.....

They made PBR in 1800's?

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Tell us how you really feel sweetie :D

17. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

i agree! nasty damn stuff! i wont even drink it if its free! and thats sayin something! ;)