Register now to get rid of these ads!

Coming to Pasadena, CA. Suggestions???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Troublemaker427, Apr 2, 2008.

1. My 14 y.o. son and I will be flying into LAX on Tuesday, 4/8 in the morning and heading back to Maryland on 4/12. I'll be staying in Pasadena during my visit. I was wondering if anyone had a suggestions on what to see and do. I've never been farther west than Indiana so this will be all new to us.:eek: I'd like to maximize my west coast "gearhead" experience. I plan on hitting the Petersen Museum, NHRA Museum and maybe Chino for the warbirds. Anybody know of any cruises, shop visits, etc.?

Thanks for your help...:D

2. The Law

The Law
    from N. AZ

Check Pomona to see if there are any events going on. At the very least you can take your boy to the NHRA motorsports museum.

3. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Call me when you get in....
    NHRA Museum
    Peterson Museum
    I'll get some other ideas together.......

4. hollywood hot rods and old crow speedshop in burbank, socal speedshop down south, a bunch other cool shops around.

5. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

6. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Bobs big boy on friday night in toluca lake is something to check out. starts at around 6 pm.

more importantly: Pie N Burger!!!!! MMMMMmmmmmmm

913 E California Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91106
    Tel: (626) 795-1123
    pie n burger

That place has the yummiest food ever! Decor hasn't changed since it opened in '64. It's a real time warp. The food is G R E A T!

7. jfrolka

jfrolka

BOBS BIG BOY FRIDAY NIGHT IN TOLUCA LAKE/BURBANK... WEST COAST CHOPPERS HAS REALLY NEAT SHIT AND FOR SURE DISNEYLAND IF YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN OUT HERE..SOUNDS LIKE FUN

8. jfrolka

jfrolka

BOBS BIG BOY FRIDAY NIGHT IN TOLUCA LAKE/BURBANK... WEST COAST CHOPPERS HAS REALLY NEAT SHIT AND FOR SURE DISNEYLAND IF YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN OUT HERE..AND HIT UP ROSCOES CHICKEN AND WAFFLES IN PASADENA...

9. Thanks guys for all of the suggestions!!! Keep them coming. Mazooma I'll be in touch.

10. PoopStain06

PoopStain06
    BANNED
    from SoCal

11. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

12. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

13. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

Oh...and try and make it over to Justice brothers' place as well...make sure Ed is there and hell take you over to the locked museum.... I really cant believe they want you to go to Pie and Burger or chicken and waffles!!!! HAHA thats funny...Why dont you send him to the HAT too!! Let see I cant think of any other crappy food places!

14. Tbomb428

Tbomb428
    from SoCal

You might also want to check out the Art Center College of Design, Pasadena. They have a gallery of their best student work that'll blow your mind! That's where many of our best Automotive Designers come from (Chip Foose is just one of dozens of Alumni that I don't have time to list.)

Also, Blair's Speed Shop! It's one of, if not THE oldest Speed Shops still in existence. The Rodders Journal just covered them recently I believe...

15. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

well sounds like you will be real busy....look up socalcarculture.com for some events in so cal..............

16. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

If you go to the NHRA museum, you'll be about 15 minutes away from Early Ford Parts in San Dimas "the next city over from Pomona" see Bill great guy with a store that is a museum in it self..................

17. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

18. A bit off topic but how much of a pain in the ass is going to a Dodgers game? Is it pretty easy access from Pasadena? Keep the gearhead ideas coming. Thanks to everyone who has offered up ideas!!!

19. M_S

M_S
    from SoCal

http://www.rickyandronnies.com/

1st Fri. of the month is the biggest turnout.

http://www.automobiledrivingmuseum.org/

The Driving Museum is great. They usually have 3-4 cars available on Sundays to drive (Docents take you out in them) and the last time I was there they would let you touch and sit in just about all of the cars on display.

I will post more when i think of them

Mike

20. DrJ

DrJ

Justice Brothers Museum.
    It's IN their place of business.
    You walk around looking at sprint cars parked in between office desks with people doing their daily oil additive business.. It's a trip!
    And there's a second building full of cars too.
    It's a few miles East of Pasadena but get the address because there is NO company signage on the building, which is hidden behind a wall with just the number on it.

OOps! Didn't see Sloppy's post...Well, go fo-sure.

21. Thanks again guys!!

22. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

How much of a pain in the ass is going to a Dodgers game?

Actually not bad @ all. I just went to the largest ever (115k in attendance) broke a record! Was @ the Coliseum (played there 58-61). I took the metro.;)

Dodger Stadium is a easy one-in/out! Cheap tickets no less. Food and beer can get pricey though:rolleyes:.
    Speaking of In/Out, while you're in Pasadena, stop in for a burger there on Foothill Bl.(Pretty crowded @ times, but you and the offspring will dig it!) It's the orig Lucky #7 location and just west of Blairs about a mile.

23. I second IN-N-OUT BURGERS at one of the three original stores, I drive to Pasadena everytime I'm within 250 miles (like Paso) just for a drive thru taste treat.