Register now to get rid of these ads!

Coming Soon to a Driveway Near Me!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NYCDrums, Sep 27, 2005.

1. NYCDrums

NYCDrums

Being delivered tomorrow (I hope).

Austin Nostalgia Drag Car. Steel body. Tube chassis. 355 sbc w/320 net horsepower. Turbo 400 w/trans brake. Olds/Pontiac rear with 4.56 gears.

Just one pic for now. I only have about 5 anyway.

Attached Files:

2. GomezGarage

GomezGarage

I used to think four doors were fugly...Ones like yours are changing my mind though. Sweet ride.

3. NYCDrums

NYCDrums

Thanks. I don't think it's an accident that it's a 4 door. The engine is set back into the front seat area. The driveshaft is 8" long. I think they knew exactly what they were doing and figured out the only way they'd get anyone in the car to drive was to use a 4 door.

It's going to be a fun street car.

4. NYCDrums

NYCDrums

Coming Thursday morning at 8 A.M. Just in time to wake up all the neighbors.

Attached Files:

5. AHotRod

AHotRod

Waaaaaaaaaaay Cool !

Do a hairy burn-out in the street :D

6. NYCDrums

NYCDrums

Thanks.

I don't know about the burnout, but I expect it set off every car and house alarm on the block. That's what happened the last time I started up a car with open headers on the street.

Plans are to "streetify" it. I need to get an exhaust system, like a couple pieces of tubing and cherry bombs or something, headlights, wipers, NYS requires bumpers, legal tires, (I'm thinking of these http://store.summitracing.com/defau...earchinresults=false&N=0&target=egnsearch.asp they should fill up the fender just like what's there now), a second seat and turn signals. And a bigger gas tank. It's got a 3-3.5 gallon Moon tank in the trunk right now. And a different hood scoop, not really a street legal issue, but a necessity. I'm thinking of something like in the picture of my old '55, but probably on a smaller scale.

The shipper had to drive it about a half mile to get it somewhere where they could get it on the truck. He says it kicks ass. Quote the hauler: I kept it in 2nd so I wouldn't get stupid. - End Quote

Attached Files:

7. Bills 50

Bills 50
    from Roanoke Va

Thats a wild looking ride...I am looking forward to
    seeing it in person.
    Bill

8. NYCDrums

NYCDrums

Me too!

9. Donzie

Donzie

Damn! That is so cool.
    Congrats.

10. NYCDrums

NYCDrums

11. muffman58

muffman58

You lucky dog! Thats Way Cool! Great find.

12. NYCDrums

NYCDrums

It's here. It's raining until 4, so I have about 2 1/2 hours to wait before I can really look it over. I got a few pics already. It's amazing!

Surprisingly, it didn't set off any alarms. We drove it all the way up the block and nothing. It's loud, but not all that loud.

13. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

That's cool. I'd prolly drive it.

14. guiseart

guiseart

Hold on to your ass Fred! (smokey & the bandit 1)

That thing is wicked

15. Hello UnkleB!

Me and the wife is planing to go to NY in december. maybe you could come and give a swede a little ride? :)

maybe we (read I) could come and see it if you and we (read I again) have some time over??

Halle

16. NYCDrums

NYCDrums

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I'll have more pictures tomorrow. The few pics I took today didn't come out too good.

Norrland, PM when you're in NY. I can guarantee you won't get a rideThe car won't be street legal until the Spring, but you can come look if you want to.

17. Norrland, PM when you're in NY. I can guarantee you won't get a rideThe car won't be street legal until the Spring, but you can come look if you want to.[/QUOTE]

Ofcourse i will PM when we get to NY. We will arrive on December 30:th and go home on January 5:th

18. banzaitoyota

banzaitoyota

19. NYCDrums

NYCDrums

Thanks for the compliments.

Here's a few pics.

Some new info on the car. There's a deep aluminum transmission pan and a trans blanket. The drivers side header is FULL of holes at the point where the pipes bend to go parallel to the ground. It looks like the header got hit and then rotted. Time for new headers, I guess. That's about it.

PS - Yes, that is a cross hanging from the steering column. It came with the car.

Attached Files:

20. Bills 50

Bills 50
    from Roanoke Va

I got a first hand look at this car Saturday. It is one heck of a ride... If my gasser plans turn out nearly as well I will be happy. UnkieB has plans for this thing and got a good deal, I would have bought it! the reason for my visit will have to wait for another post.

Bill