Register now to get rid of these ads!

Colored glass just for gassers???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sean72, Dec 5, 2007.

1. sean72

sean72

Hey guys an earlier thread this week was talking about plexiglass hoods. I was wondering is colored glass a gasser thing or has it been used in some customs? Any ideas?

Sean

2. Gerg

Gerg

mostly gassers from what i have seen. But i am sure that is has shown up in some customs

3. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Use to see em all the time in the 60's.......All kinds of rides, from lowriders upto gassers.

4. HotRodPaint.com

HotRodPaint.com

I never heard anything like that, but I believe Gas class rules required a clear windshield, which was generally the rule on the street too, so you would be looking through it most of the time.

5. fiveofeen

fiveofeen

I have a window tinting business and installed a red tint on Hatch's 31' this past spring. The car now belongs to another hamber...

The three colors I have heard of are red, blue and green all of which are available in a film that is much more cost effective and less permanent than colored glass. I have seen it on customs, gassers and hot rods it was popular in the 1960's.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also used some for a flame job on a window, cool results.
    [​IMG]

6. Although you might see it on customs, it originated on race cars. I believe while lightening up a race car with the use of plexi, the guys thought, while we're at it, let's make it colored plexi. I fell in love with the look the 1st time I saw it

7. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

i LOVE it in hot rods, ESPECIALLY MINE

Attached Files:

8. AWESOME!

9. fiveofeen

fiveofeen

wouldnt it have been more suitable to actually find a car with colored glass to use in your worthless post?

10. A friend of mines

[​IMG]

11. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

evels live wire coupe has blue tint. looks friggin awesome IMO. for this day and age it is something different, and not so cookie cutter.

12. another friend of mine ran it in his car for awhile, his complaint was at night headlights looked like taillights....lol

13. sean72

sean72

Guys, thanks for the input. I was just thinking about how a mild custom would look with colored glass. Not some over the top show car, something tasteful.

Sean

14. fiveofeen

fiveofeen

if the concept is pulled off it looks amazing, sitting in that lil car with red windows was wild. Looking out the world looked like another planet, or hell... but that suited the car. :cool:

15. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

NICE :cool:

16. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

I've seen colors other than red, green, or blue - I remember orange and purple from some Midwest gassers.
    As long it wasn't clear or black, I thought it looked cool.

17. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

the moonglow 54 chev had blue vent windows in 58 or 9