Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Colorado Springs Hot Rod Ho Down 8/7/2010

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nicks Hot Rod Garage, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Maybe I missed the Thread...........? Well here are the details if I didn't.

Mark your calendars! This Saturday August 7th, 2010 at Southside Johnnys in the Springs Car show begins in the Southside Johnny's parking lot at 11AM Live rockabilly music begins at noon inside Southside Johnnys and runs all day! Come check out our vendors Rockwell's Speed Shop, Greasers Playhouse, Romantic Grenade, La Muerte, Mose B Movie Clothing, Peaks and Paisties, Vanity Dollz, Pursonal Baggage,
    Southside Johnny's Hotrod Ho-Down T-shirts, and Big Richards Kustom Stuff This year's car show money will benefit Safe 2 Tell. Visit their booth for more info.

http://www.hotrodhodown.com/

[​IMG]

2. plumfat40

plumfat40
    from colorado

I have been the last few years, lots of fun!!!!

3. hooligan909

hooligan909
    from San Diego!

me and the wife are going to be there

4. Leadsled RnR

Leadsled RnR
    from CO

you'll hate yourself forever if you can't make this show!

5. HotRodMonkey

HotRodMonkey

6. 1931av8

1931av8

Would love to...but running short of days to get the Model A together in time to make the previously-committed-to Gunnison show. Definitely next year! Might even have some real paint on the A by then instead of gray primer.

Tom

7. hooligan909

hooligan909
    from San Diego!

well wifes car wont be making it now thanks to it raining now and no garage to finish what little's left to get it back on the road!

8. BigFinCad

BigFinCad

Its like a little Viva in Colorado. Be there, we will

Big Rich

9. Don't miss it if possible.

Well worth going to, am very sorry to miss it this year. I'll be spending the weekend prepping for the Gunnison show in Two weeks.

Oh well, no rest for the wicked.

Johnnie

10. hooligan909

hooligan909
    from San Diego!

todays the day!!!!

11. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

At work again today. Hope to see some pics from the show.

12. hooligan909

hooligan909
    from San Diego!

went for couple hours and was sumb and drank beer that and the sun was kicking my ass! my forhead is sunburned lol!!! i left and came back a little later for the bands inside. i did pull up next to plumfat40 at a light when we left tho!

btw that nixon sticker on your car is awsome! lol

13. plumfat40

plumfat40
    from colorado

Ha I saw you guys!!! The sun was brutal, but a good show... Thanks for the good words on the car... Most of the non-car people say it sure will be nice when its done... Its hard to explain that IT IS DONE... See ya soon, Nick

14. hooligan909

hooligan909
    from San Diego!

yea man i would leave it alone looks great the way it is! im just hoping to have my car running by next month so i can take it to carnage on larimer!

15. HerbieDoo

HerbieDoo
    from Colorado

Hey guys. Thanks for coming to the show. As for the sun...I will take it over the rain we've been having the last few weeks. The show was excellent. There were some new rides there this year I haven't seen before. Sorry about the red SUV and the Datsun in the parking lot. Johnny's wouldn't let us tow them...liability issue. Other than that I think we had a record turnout this year. The bands were the best we've had as well. I will post some photos hopefully by tomorrow night. I am heading up to Boise on Thursday for another race with my brother's pro-mod. www.danmyersracing.com if you are into that sort of thing.

16. large-stache

large-stache

Herbie, I had a good time, I didn't stay for the bands in the evening, but enjoyed the car show and the daytime entertainment. Keep it up, and I'll see you around. Bill

17. mj40's

mj40's

Good Luck to your bro at the Nightfire Nationals in Boise. Good looking truck. Wish I were going to be in town.

18. choptvan

choptvan

well damn. Wish I had my pix but my photographer doesn't have them ready yet. You guys will love those when you see them.

19. Good show for sure. Nice cars , good friends , good weather. Gettin ready for next year!