Register now to get rid of these ads!

Colorado salvage yard forced liquidation auction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LOW LID DUDE, Dec 9, 2010.

1. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Brighton CO ,Saturday Dec 11th @10am. Seven Sons Auto Salvage ,Highway 85 - 1/2 mile north of Weld county road 2. Tons of 50s,60s cars and equipment .The list of cars is a mile long,might be worth checking out.

2. Spooky

Spooky

Pics- we need some pics!

3. 32fivewindow

32fivewindow
    from USA!

Ive been there... um picked over...

4. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

That sucks that the cars like you said are picked over.I have a flier for the auction that has hundreds of old cars on it. Yea it could be a waist of time. I think I will still go.Might drag home a piece of shit parts car ,maybe not .LOL. I have learned to jump on stuff like this,ya never know what might come up. When building a old hot rod a guy just has to poke around old junk yards.LOL.

5. benchseat4speed

benchseat4speed
    from Golden, CO

There used to be 100's of cars out there. Went there today hoping to bid on two '60 chevys and they crushed em. They crushed everything. I'm pretty bummed man, loss of another old junkyard and 100's of parts cars.

6. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

KEVIN that sucks! What a waist of good old cars that survived all these years .I guess $$$ is all that matters for some people.Us car guys put blood, sweet and tears into a old piece of shit and rebuild it into a thing of beauty. The yuppies say go GREEN! I knew this GREEN shit wasn't going to be good for us. I am bummed also!:(

7. davidj3594

davidj3594
    from denver

yeah there was a 90s f150 on top of the crusher when we arrived so theyd been crushing pretty early.from what i was told most of what was there at 4 pm had been sold(possibly to scrap dealers a lot of them were relatively complete cars).i did talk to a guy who was saving a 1936 four door sedan(forgot the bran but i believe it was a chevy).i saw really nice 60s Lincoln with suicide doors that i was told went for 600 dollars,hopefully it wasnt crushed.

8. 57J2

57J2

So, were the cars listed on the website sold ? There were two 61 Olds wagons listed. Did anyone see what they went for ? If I was closer I would have tried to make it.

9. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

And what sucks is that by us getting those cars out of those yards we contribute to cleaning up the planet. That's about as green as I care to get. My Buick get 10-12 miles per gallon.:D

10. davidj3594

davidj3594
    from denver

i was told everything were those wagons were at was sold.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this is the one that really got me,it seemed to be in great shape,even the interior was nice.i was told it went for 600 by the guy that bought the car next to it
    [​IMG]

11. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

I haven't seen one of those Buicks in a long time, that Lincoln is sweet.

12. davidj3594

davidj3594
    from denver

yes they are.too bad their now most likely cheap Chinese walmart bikes or worse a hyundai .

13. scotts52

scotts52

Coming back as Harbor Freight tools.