Register now to get rid of these ads!

Colorado Rod and Custom Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LOW LID DUDE, Nov 13, 2010.

1. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Denver ,Thanksgiving weekend is the Rocky Mountain Rod and Custom show.It moved to new location,downtown Denver at the Colorado convention center.Great show,the best cars Colorado has to offer.See ya there.:D

2. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

It's going back down town,I kinda liked it at the Western Stock Show complex.

3. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

YEA the out of towners didn't like the stock show smell of cattle and wernt impressed with the lighting for there purdy shinny cars,LOL.The convention center has a little more class.

4. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I did the show when it was downtown. Sucked! One of the high dollar show cars was under a big roof leak and got all screwed up. A little cow shit never hurt anyone and sometimes the darker lighting ain't always all bad? Parking was also a pain in the ass. Other than that???????????????

5. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Krylon32 - yea sometimes life sucks,LOL.You must be thinking about the old Currigan Hall ( it's gone now ) Roof did leak,cost too much to fix that is why they tore it down and built a huge parking garage for the new bigger better Convention center there.

6. colorado51

colorado51

Yep, back downtown this year....

Anyone else remember going to the car show (Tri-State?) when it was at the old Currigan Hall where the convention center now stands? I remember my mom dropping me and my friends off there for the show when we were kids. I still have a bunch of pictures from those shows, I’ll have to dig them out one of these days….

7. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

You are probably right about a new hall. Must be a good move or Joe wouldn't have done it.

8. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

Currigan Hall was across the street from the Convention Center.I remeber Tri State(put on by the Sabers car club)and the World of Wheels shows held there.

9. andyg

andyg

What kinda cars are invited to this show?

10. Motornoggin1

Motornoggin1

I might try to make it down this year if the weather and roads are good.

11. andyg

andyg

Never mind....I found the link and I don't think my oil drippings would be appreciated on that floor or someone elses mirrors....LOL! :eek::D

12. cruiser51

cruiser51

they used to have a down stairs that was free for the not trailer queens. i had my merc in a couple years. ill check with lonie and see whats going on with it.

13. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

( This is a old thread from 2010. ) But the 2011 Rod and Custom show thanksgiving weekend is on for this year also at the downtown Denver Convention Center. Roger Jetter set up 24 Kustoms for it to be displayed as a group.