Register now to get rid of these ads!

Color - Wet sanding query

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Powerband, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Powerband

Powerband

New to wet sanding , I don't get the mention of their special type of soap to put in the bucket. Is regular liquid clothes detergent not optimum?. What's available as a simlpe solution(sic) 8) . I always keep a jug from washer for car washes and tire lube...

> yesterday @ 4 coats SS DCC Concept - Wimbledon White. A few flow tests and mild OP. Used slow reducer @ 90F, wonder if it affects time to sanding ...

HAve Fun

2. Master of None

Master of None

I use Dawn dish soap, seems to help and its cheap. As long as you don't get crazy with the sandpaper grit and go light handed on edges I think you will be fine. I start with 1000, then 1500 the 2000. Good luck! and need pictures when your done.

3. Dragsterbus

Dragsterbus
    from England

Yep i've used regular washing up liquid for the last 28 years and no problems and as above , watch the edges

4. I'd suggest taping the edges if you're just starting out. It'll help keep you from sanding through them.