Register now to get rid of these ads!

Color Identification

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cruisin30, Jun 19, 2012.

1. cruisin30

cruisin30
    from Katy, TX

Any idea what color this is from. Code and origin lost by previous owner. It is a metallic orange with very fine flake in it?

Attached Files:

2. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Got a PPG store around there? Maybe go down and have them shoot a pic of it with their color match camera. They shoot it through their library and it comes up with a close match or the exact match. Should tell you what car it was on and the year plus the formula unless it's a custom mix. Lippy

3. squirrel

squirrel

Pretty much any auto paint store can do that. PpG doesn't have a monopoly on it.

4. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Sorry, just popped into my head.:rolleyes:

5. cruisin30

cruisin30
    from Katy, TX

Thanks to you both. Thats next on my list. Just taking a shot on here to see if it was an easy recognizer. Pretty sure it is not a custom blend. I thought it was pretty close to a mid 2000's Escalade color but who knows.

6. I believe the are English Color stores around the Houston area now. Find one, go by there, and they can take a "picture" of the color and get the color code. I run a collision shop, and we have to do that occasionally. There is a small chance they can't tell you, but again, that is a small chance.

7. cruisin30

cruisin30
    from Katy, TX

Thank you 66Newport.

8. cruisin30

cruisin30
    from Katy, TX

Just checked with the English Color folks and no stores in the entire Houston area. Who wudda thought.