Register now to get rid of these ads!

Collin Casey RIP.. :(

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Throttle_Junkie, Feb 18, 2010.

1. hotrodtom

hotrodtom

Awww, man! Another one gone, that I was gonna meet "one day." I loved his coupe, and had hoped to talk with him about it at Deuce Reunion several times, but just never did... It truly hurts that he was about half my age and knew twice as much. See ya on the Other Side, pal...
    Fearless

2. Gigantor

Gigantor

Wow, never met Casey, but enjoyed the posts. Judging by the sentiments on here, I hope he knew how many lives he touched. R.I.P.

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

There wasn't a meet & greet that he didn't attend. He loved making new friends and catching up with old ones. He was the first one that arrived at them and one of the last to leave. I'm going see if OldsBobSign will make a commemorative Meet & Greet sticker in his honor for this years RoundUp for everyone that attends.

4. 66chicken

66chicken
    from dallas tx

i have known collin for many years, when he had his shop in dallas i used to hang out there with him and my father and anybody else that would stop buy. he always had a cold beer for you and a great storry. he will be missed.

5. You are AWSOME!! That would be great..:cool:

6. bigken

bigken

....most 'Flathead' passes.............:rolleyes:

7. This has hit me hard....Collin and I just had one of our 30 minute "conversations" of "Real Hot Rods run Heads Up" vs "Real Hot Rods run Bracket" a few days ago. We talked again about putting together a blower set up "to make his car a real Hot Rod:cool:". He was "Family" to me....that younger brother:D, we were always messin with each other....agreeing to disagree and figuring how to make each others Flathead run better:rolleyes:!
    The Aeroplane vs Hot Rod pictured above was from one of three races that we planned and "raced" out at Kingsbury....with another one being planned for this spring.....dang....I'm taking this hard....I already miss "that little shit".
    I love ya, little brother,
    Skot
    ....and thanks to everybody for your kind words and thoughts.....

8. Big Tony

Big Tony

I'm in the works to make something special for Casey at the Thaw....

A special trophy will be given each year in his name.

I'm also starting a new thread looking for flat head parts to make a trophy with, so if anyone has anything please let me know

9. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

RIP Casey, he was a friend to the club and the BARONS will truely miss partying with him...

10. Harms Way

Harms Way

I never met him in person,..... but through the HAMB you just start to develop relationships with other folks, like a Cousin you never met before,... you may not have that personal relationship, but you know a lot about them and they grow close to you,
    not unlike the HAMB,.... just from the pictures, posts and stories through the years, you could get a glimpse of his personality, contagious smile & passion.

There are a few avatars that I always watch for,... Casey's was one of them.
    Like Fab32 said, I felt it was only a mater of time before I would meet him in person. In fact it seemed only a formality as I felt I knew him already.

A friend of mine Dave Crane, has a sign in his museum it says "Its not the cars, it's the people" . I have mentioned it before, but the HAMB feels like a big family to me (we put the "FUN" in Disfunctional ),..... and it hurts when a member of your family is gone,......

Although we never met in person, I think I can speak for many of the HAMB family when I say,... he will be greatly missed, and we all feel a sence of loss at this tragic news.

Prayers to any family and friends, especially those that were very close to him, as I am sure this loss is great indeed.

So Long Casey.

[​IMG]

11. guitarmook

guitarmook
    from Austin, TX

Stunned and saddened.

He didn't know me from adam, but when he found out I drove an old ford with a flathead, we were friends.

And yes, whenever he was at a gathering, he had a group around him, I think because we all wanted a little of his enthusiasm. He had a LOT, and shared it freely.

12. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Very Sad to loose one held with such regard here on the HAMB, my sincere condolences to all his family & friends here on the HAMB .

RIP Casey

13. truly shocked to get this sad news. casey was certainly a staple at a lot of texas hot rod events and did his part to make the events fun for everyone. he will truly be missed.

14. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Very Sad Godspeed our Prays are with ya Buddy<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

15. duce gurl

duce gurl
    from Keller

On saturday, February 20th there is a chance for the friends of Collin Casey to get together at 6:00 p.m. Bert & Ernies General Store, 18710 Hamilton Pool Road, - one of Collin's local watering holes - an opportunity to tell some stories and remember our friend......................number to Bert & Ernies 512-264-1466 (will try to post map later)

Ron & I are coming down from Fort Worth to be with Kelly, friends & family. Look forward to seeing everyone there!

I WISH I COULD SAY MORE - BUT THIS HAS HIT ME SO HARD - I HAVE NO WORDS :(---THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR WARM KINDNESS ---------

<!-- / message -->

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  16. duce gurl

duce gurl
    from Keller

17. seatex

seatex

Hey everyone, be sure to check out Duce Girls Thread, "Colin Casey, a night to remember" (we may end up calling it a "Nut to Remember", I think he'd like that!). We are going to have an impromptu celebration of this Hot Rodder, FlatHead Fiend, and all around Scoundrel tomorrow night at one of his favorite watering holes, Bert and Ernies General Store on Hamilton Pool Rd. at the intersection of RR12, north out of Drippin'.
    I know it's very short notice, and it sure won't be the last celebration of Colin's life, but he wouldn't want for the BEER TO GET HOT!
    As Casey was always fond of saying, "Last one to the bar is buyin"!!!
    so C'mon out if 'ya can!:D:(:D:(:D jb

18. bigken

bigken

19. I always teased Collin about being the "REAL" John Milner.

Casey was one of those people you always look forward to seeing at events.

What a huge loss.......... :cry:

20. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

Sad to find out about this today...always the nicest guy when I ran into him around Austin...what else can be said?

Rest in peace

21. titus

titus

RIP

Just shows you you never know when you could go, make the best of what you have!

JEFF

22. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Our paths crossed briefly a couple times, but 12 pages in 24 hours says it all. It's the lives you touch while your here that counts, Casey touched a lot of them. R.I.P.

23. Harms Way

Harms Way

I went through a number of posts Casey had made on my threads,..... When I went back to his profile and seen his status as

"Member Emeritus"

Just to make sure I was correct on my understanding I checked the word

"Emeritus"
    Retired or honorably discharged from active duty, but earning and retaining the title of one's office or position

Well done, Ryan,...... this is a fitting tribute.

24. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

damn you harm's way...I'm tearing up again

but thanks ryan...that was cool

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  25. Harms Way

Harms Way

You ain't the only one my friend,....... :eek:

26. Yes that was the three of us. I think this year we need to raise a can of liquid refreshment again behind the club and maybe shoot a bird or two in Casey's honor.

27. Yes very classy. Was brought up by another HAMBer on the RIP thread last week. Came from some other forum.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=435144&page=3

28. Crease

Crease

Well said Morgan. I always wondered exactly how many beers he could store in that truck cause he had one for every single hot rodder that walked by.

I'll never forget the first time we met me he said "Crease? Your Crease? WTH, I figured you'd be all tattooed and tough guy lookin, like him!" as he pointed to Christian.

29. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

Man what a bummer!
    I didn't know Casey well,but well enough to know he was one of the good uns.

30. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Shocked and saddened. RIP Casey.

-Abone.