Register now to get rid of these ads!

Collin Casey RIP.. :(

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Throttle_Junkie, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Big Tony

Big Tony

I remember meeting Collin for the first time when i first started here on the HAMB and he was like a rock star of such...everyone knew him and he was always making laps at all the strips. When we started the Thaw and I had several talks with him about the classes and him having another flatty to run. He made so many passes at the first 2 Thaws and took damn near every trophy home he could.

I will miss that smile and he attitude that person should have about life and I promise you he will be missed... especially next weekend at Thaw #3

RIP and I'm lucky to have beed able to call you my friend

2. strawberry

strawberry

wow . you know the h.a.m.b. is a family..hell maybe the family I never had.
    I gotta say r.i.p. collin..I never knew you but you were a rodder and from everything I have read on here one hell of a cool person.I have the most respect and . shit where are the words, I hope when my time comes I just pray I would have the shoes like you.good-bye man ..geeeese

3. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

Casey was a friend. I'm gonna miss him. He certainly did light up any situation or show he was in attendance and meant a lot of things to alot of folks. He was a driving force in the nostalgia race world around here and a big reason why we made the Day of the Drags a two day event. There was never enough time for Casey to make as many passes as he wanted to make. He was a not only a true hotrodder but also an ambassador for Austin and the surrounding areas when it came to being a host. Always looking out for everyone else. Making sure they were having a good time. Casey is gonna be missed by many and it won't be the same out there at Lil River. My thoughts and prayers are w/ you Casey and your family. It's a sad day for all of us.

4. Godspeed, my friend.

5. 31whitey

31whitey

One of the first to welcome me to the place....

Talked channeled coupes and dogs.

I never met Collin but man.......Im teared up.

so genuine....

6. The Shocker

The Shocker

Casey was also one of the first to welcome me here.Even though he and i would go round and round about bracket racing ,and other things on the board from time time to time ,he always had a smile and a handshake for me when i would see him at the races.He would always tell me and every one else exactly what was on his mind (weither you liked it or not ) and i always respected him for that .He was a "no bullshit" kinda guy ,and thats a rare thing nowdays .He will be missed ...

7. seatex

seatex

DAMN! We just talked about the Thaw not long ago, his flattie was really gonna' kick some ass this year................... this really sucks! The Day of the Drags won't be ths same, nor will anyone who knew him!
    GodSpeed Casey, Flatheads Forever! Were gonna' miss you, Bro....

8. This statement stopped me in my tracks,,no one would dishonor Caseys memory like that,

DW,,I've never met you or Frank,but I firmly believe you took his words wrong,he was implying that he might have met Collin if time allowed. HRP

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

DW, I know Frank very well, he did mean it was just a matter of time before he met Colin.

Casey

10. kisam

kisam

These are Collin's words that I found in a post about a friend of his funeral. I thought we might need them now.

"every one started to loosin up a little and tell some great stories
    did not take any pictures of the services just of the cars for the hamb.

kinda makes you think ?
    In the end its all about the friends you make while your here.
    and from the full house david left with I would say he was a great friend
    to a lot of good people. and a few old grouches <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

11. Tinker51

Tinker51
    from Dallas Tx.

heard about it from danny evens at the auto arama last night.
    great guy will be missed.
    he was going to bring some 8mm flim next weekend for me to transfer for him.
    rip my friend
    charles and shit head says ruff

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

So true, none of the other shit really matters, nothing matters but people.

Taken the weekend I picked up Big Olds from ASS. Casey was the first one at the party. He didn't want to miss a moment. He loved people and just wanted to hang out with everyone and his presence made the night that much more special.
    [​IMG]

Taken that same night
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lonestar round 2008, yep, he loved that coat
    [​IMG]

He ALWAYS had a bunch of friends around. Everyone wanted to hang out with him he was so much fun. RoundUp 2008
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even the guys were happy when Colin lifted his shirt :D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  13. Right. As much as we say it's about the cars, it's about the people attached to them, and the history behind them because of the people.

14. gottarod

gottarod
    from bandera,tx

Father Hot Rod has called one of his favorite sons home. Casey will always be in our hearts, and I will think of him everytime I look at a flatty!!! God Bless Casey!

15. skinnydennis

skinnydennis
    from Austin, TX

I know Collin will be in Henry Ford's ear about the flathead and his 32. Sure going to miss him. Dang.:(

16. I never had the opportunity to meet Collin, and because of geographics and economics I probably never would. That he can fill ten pages of posts in less than a day speaks volumes for the person he was.

I missed meeting someone I would have really liked.

17. bigken

bigken

WOW - what the hell. First time on the computer since my phone started ringing off the wall, yesterday afternoon.
    I am at the office right now, reading all these posts, and my eye's are sweating. Lux, thank you. Denise, thanks for those pics and video's. Thanks to all of you for the words, thoughts, pictures, video's.........
    My heart is in the toilet. Bill, thanks for calling me yesterday.
    Words of mine, cannot really add to the words already written.
    Casey was the true definition of 'hot-rodder'. He lived it. He was the only drag racer that could turn a 1/4 mile dragstrip into a circle track. You'd think he was racin' ovals.
    I remember a couple years back, when Kirk came into town for Goodguys, a group of us met at Babes for dinner. Being a dry area, we had to bring in our own beer. We were getting low, so Collin and I jumped up at the same time, and had a little drag race through Roanoke to the nearest beer store, then raced back. What a time.
    He just loved bustin' my balls for settin' up the Thaw as another 'heads-up' event. God he hated that. Bracket all the way, he'd say. But can you guess who was the 'Star' of the past Thaw's, yep, Collin Casey. He might have bitched, pissed and moaned, but he was wearing out the track.
    Here he is with the 5 or 6 trophies he took home from the first Thaw, and he had the nerve to call others 'Trophy Whores'.
    [​IMG]
    The Torques loved this guy, and he will be missed like crazy.

And one of his many trophies from last year............
    [​IMG]
    Wow, he was such a staple at every event he attended. I've gotta take a break, and hunt for some more pictures.
    God love ya friend, hope you snag God's flatty and smoke the hides all damn day long.
    R.I.P buddy -
    Here is a thread Collin posted with some shots of his.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245605&highlight=texas+thaw

18. BlueGirl

BlueGirl
    from Austin, TX

My heart goes out to all of us that knew him. RIP.

19. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

WOW, this is very sad! I met him at the Day of the Drags a few years ago, We talked for awhile about hot rods and racing. What a great guy! RIP Collin Casey!
    Jimmy White

20. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Wow, just read this........ RIP Casey. Godspeed..

21. jernlee

jernlee

22. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Oh fuck, of course we did, he was totally fucking cool, OMG, this hurts worse now, he was such a nice guy, damn!!!!!!! It was 2007

23. Flava J

Flava J
    from Austin, TX

R.I.P. Casey.

24. Wesley

Wesley

R.I.P. Casey.

Who will stir the pot now?

25. seatex

seatex

Great stuff, Ken. No doubt there will be a Colin Casey Memorial Award at the Thaw for the most passes this year................

26. triton6972

triton6972

R.I.P. Collin Casey. He will be greatly missed. Glad I got an chance to know him. Always had a great time when he was around.

27. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

These pics were taken right after Bill/Goodguys-official threw Collin out of the Pro's Pic area at Texas/07. Casey snuck his coupe under the ropes and parked in front of Doc's sedan....Bill was pissed! and said "Get that POS outta here! :D

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  28. Brewton

Brewton

Wow! Merc called me earlier today and told me the news. Man, this is a bummer!
    I met Casey this past year at the Roundup (HAMB meet and greet), no long conversation... I just shook his hand and introduced myself.
    RIP Casey!

29. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

"He turned a dragstrip into a circle track..."

That might be the best testiment of all!

30. L.A.W.

L.A.W.
    from Austin

This really sucks. Casey was notorious not only for his views on the "correct" way to drag race, but also for his passion for having a good time and sharing in that with others. I'll never forget him telling the story about when his axle broke on the highway and he managed to steer the car to the side of the road and didn't even spill a drop of his beer! HA! Gotta love it.

Rest in peace friend.