Register now to get rid of these ads!

Collin Casey RIP.. :(

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Throttle_Junkie, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Rusty

Rusty

there having the Hill Country drag race the second weekend in April, I think that is where the Service will be, just guessing

Rusty

2. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

one of the first almost dry days this whole week, i did a couple smoky burnouts in his honor

3. seatex

seatex

The THAW will be just a bit colder tomorrow without you, you Trophy Whore!
    Who's gonna' take THAT slot?!!?
    DAMN, JUST DAMN........................................:(

4. Chandler

Chandler
    from Rowlett,TX

I will get some better pics today, but i did this last night for Blasted. He has some paint markers and he is going to have people sign the trunk lid today at the THAW
    [​IMG]

5. Chandler

Chandler
    from Rowlett,TX

6. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

neat way to honor him!

7. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Dang it! Now I'm all teary eyed again! Sure wish I'd made it today, just to see that.

8. One Finger John

One Finger John

Obviously Collin Casey made a BIG contribution to his world and to his many friends. Are there any videos of him ? I didn't know him and the videos would help place in my mind his voice, attitude, how he made his way thru life. Also, what was his HAMB name so I can look up past threads.

Thanks in advance, John.

9. Big Tony

Big Tony

The site i liked best was the Dirty Princess on top of Doc's trailers signing it at the end of the day.. that's priceless.

Collin I hope we did you proud today and set set the over and under of donuts you did in heaven today at 40.. the average number of passes made at the Thaw each year. :~))

10. scrape

scrape

....heres a link to his profile... http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/member.php?u=9498 .....

11. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

12. d.reese

d.reese
    BANNED

Well new to here, but new Collin when he worked for my brother ( Gene Reese) in the 80's. Big brother called and told me how to find this site and information on Collin. Great guy, cool to work with, really had a lot going for him. I know my brother is saddened to know of the loss. Gods speed, see ya on the other side!
    It's all ways been checkers or wreckers for me!

13. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

Just found this pic.....Laura and I got 2nd in the blindfolded death race....Casey goofin' in the background like he always did. :(

Attached Files:

pecker head likes this.
  14. bluestang67

bluestang67

Geez I liked reading of him and his love for Rodding . May his friends and family be comforted in this sad time . I come in and read more then post . I Just had the opportunity to get a pic with HRL at the pile up last year . This is what Rodding is about is friends with the same hope and love .

Casey R.I.P and your legend will live on . Milner was second to you guy .

15. Crease

Crease

That reminds me, Casey won "best competion" at our first HC 100......quite fitting.

16. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

We sure missed our dearest buddy at the Thaw.

17. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Only knew him through the HAMB, but what a shock. Godspeed Collin...

18. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

That's a nice deck lid.
    So Doc didja figure out what broke yet?
    T.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  19. BISHOP

BISHOP

Seen this thread last night and couldnt find the words to say, still can't. Godspeed Casey, this is not the end. On to the bigger better. It was cool watching you run that coupe at the day of the drags.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  20. duce gurl

duce gurl
    from Keller

Some people will read this and say - damn those girls just can't keep it simple - but I have thought long and hard about whether to even post anything or not. I choose to because Collin meant a lot to me and finally maybe I can say a few words and pay respects in my way

~~~~~~~~Collin was a flathead hot rodder to the core - but Collin was a lot more than that too for those that didn't know him. This has hit me like a load of bricks to say the least - I lost my brother when he was 18 and I have always - even after all these years looked for someone to fill that void. Well when I met Collin - I swear I found him. In so many ways they were so much alike - he loved what he did with all his heart & soul, was always ready for a party - good times & friends, more than a little pig headed on occassion and could show great love & emotion to those close to him - but don't get on his bad side and don't mistreat his friends - whew! We always said we were family and shed a few tears together more than once to make sure we both knew it was true! I told the little shit one time I never wanted to loose a little brother again - and damn - look where we are today!
    Well Collin - I know that you are in racer's heaven breaking axles, blowing gaskets, fixing gas leaks and making passes until all the angels are dizzy by now! Race on lil' brother and I know now that I have two of my favorite guys watching out for me every day ~~~~ With all the good & all the faults I loved you Collin and you are family!
    Race on and try to keep everyone up there straight on the "heads up" & "brackets":D. If anyone can do it - you can - Love Michelle

21. kisam

kisam

Well said Michelle! Thanks for sharing. Collin once told me "You can never loose Michelle in a crowd, just follow the laugh"! (Thought you might need to hear that).
    Kathy

22. duce gurl

duce gurl
    from Keller

Thanks Kathy - That is good to hear!!! I can just hear him:D I have had people tell me they have tracked me down that way before --- it's a crazy person laugh:eek: Fits me just fine:rolleyes:

23. rixrex

rixrex

I am to this day opening up emails he sent to me. He was a relentless miner of humour and loved passing it along, kind of his outlook on Life I guess. I always felt honored to be his friend..I've been saving the emails and its like keeping him around a little longer. I know most of his friends are vowing to see each other more often..Crap, this is hard to write and harder to send, you guys know what I mean...

24. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

Kirk, this brings back some dam good memories........and then Babes....cold Lone Star......Wow......:D

25. Oh man that's too bad...RIP

26. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

Ah shit... I can't believe I missed this...
    Wish I'd never found it.

I didn't know him that well, but Casey was one of my favorite people to stop and talk to around Austin.
    He was one of the easiest people to talk to and rivaled the voices in my head in his zeal for the flathead.

Rip!

27. rat deuce

rat deuce

I've been away from this board for too many days and was shocked to see my "Lonestar penpal" has passed away. A couple years ago Casey emailed me out of the blue to talk to me about my deuce. It developed into constant emails, jokes & photo exchanges prodding me finish my car and come down to Texas for the annual deuce get together. Through his emails I was starting to feel like I already knew his friends and from the post's here,he had a lot of them... Sadly I won't get to run that deuce grudge match but when my car is done I will make the trip to Texas.
    RIP "Crazy Casey" you will be missed!

28. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

O.K. my friend, tomorrow you will get to make one more pass at your favorite dragstrip....:D....We are gonna miss you........:(

29. strawberry

strawberry

did anyone find out what happened, geese so young,