Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Colin Casey, 5 years R.I.P.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by seatex, Feb 1, 2015.

1. seatex

seatex

So I was going thru some SD cards looking for a pic and ran into this one that I thought was lost forever................it's the pic I took at Colin Casey's Memorial that we had at Bert and Ernie's Bar, one of Colin's many watering holes. It was then that I realized our buddy had left us 5 years ago this month. 5 YEARS...........DAMN. Gone but not forgotten, buddy! Casey Wake.JPG
    L to R Hawaiian George and his wife, Glenda , Kelly, Colin's significant other, my wife Beth, Lugnut's (ex) wife Michelle, Steve and Linda, Skotz and lady friend, Joyce, Tim (Junior Stock, behind), Ron (Lugnuts) Eric (Chop & Drop) , Ed (I think), Greg (GeeMann51), kneeling; Paul (DreddyBear), HellonWheels? , Laura, and Mark (Mr. Ford) with Colin's Coupe in the back ground.
    Sorry if I boogered up any names.......................
    Here is a pic I stole from Malcolm, Casey in his "Wonder-Cave" (where the hell he got the idea to spray that foam shit I'll never know, all I do know is that when you got in his car, his car got on you! Casey Wake.JPG Casey in the Wonder Cave.jpg
    And one more that can't be forgotten.................... CaseyPlaneRace.jpg
    R.I.P., Colin, keep the beer cold till I get there

Countn'Carbs, wingnutz, Clark and 2 others like this.
  2. I think its very cool , you posting this in memory of a brother hot rodder. Nice pictures. I am sure Colin is smiling. R.I.P.

3. wow, has it been 5 years already? Thanks for posting.

4. Collin was truly a great guy! HRP

[​IMG]

seatex and Jeff Norwell like this.

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

One of my all time favorite car pals. We sure had some laughs.

(the guy on the right hand side of the photo that you call Ed I think, is Bill Colson AKA BrokenSpoke)

wingnutz likes this.
  6. seatex

seatex

Thanks, Denise. My apologies to Bill, brain cells are falling out along with my hair!

7. How time flies....I sure miss his jokes coming in my emails.. He was indeed a TRUE HOT RODDER

HEMI32 likes this.
  8. jerry

jerry

Can't forget that year. Rip Colin.

My wife passed the same year.

jerry

9. 7 replies shows how this board has changed. We miss you Colin

10. One of the good ones for sure, Rip.

11. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I miss that lil turd...he enjoyed bustin my balls

kidcampbell71, HEMI32 and seatex like this.
  12. yep....and good to see 3wL a posting....

kidcampbell71 and 3wLarry like this.
  13. belair

belair

He was a nice guy. Loved the way he drove that Deuce.

14. It's been a long time but his legacy lives every time I see his coupe or these threads on the HAMB!

15. blasted

blasted
    from N. Tex

JB bud, you know I hear ya man. This is the time of year Collin was bouncing of the walls getting the coupe ready to race. RIP ( Race In Peace) our Bud.
    734222_546460552033931_1516000649_n.jpg

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  16. seatex

seatex

I know that's right, Doc! I hope to see Casey's old coupe out there at the Texas Thaw this year,

blasted likes this.
  17. blasted

blasted
    from N. Tex

18. I raced his coupe 2 different times for the flathead trophy in my Anglia; beat him twice but red lighted both times(little river nostalgic drags).He lost the ultimate race(his life) so I guess I was the lucky one.RIP Colin,flatheads forever!

19. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Wow, 5 years? I think that's Mo next to me :)

20. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Man, I can't believe it's been five years already...

Here's another photo from the 2008 LSRU... My Uncle John, Denise, and Colin in the back seat of my old '62 Galaxie:
    [​IMG]

Malcolm

Countn'Carbs and seatex like this.

21. CollinCaseyHEMI32MercedNats1979.jpg
    Collin Patrick Casey
    May 27, 1966 - February 18, 2010

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    seatex likes this.
  22. seatex

seatex

We met, but I couldn't remember his name. Thanks, JB.

23. I always enjoyed Collin's posts. I didn't know he was only 43 when he died.

24. seatex

seatex

Been looking at some of Casey's post', and couldn't help but share his "200th intro post", I sure miss that smart ass.............

HI! Im Collin Casey ! . you may know me from such post as ! (the kontientals , should just drive clown cars! ) (chop that bitch ?) (or clown hand job`s feel funny !) I never thought I would get to the # 200 post ? and have never introduced my self ? so here it goes , I started my coupe with my dad at 13 , a 32 5 window coupe , chopped and chanelled ,with a flat head ! my dad raced one at caddo mills texas . and I have built hot rod`s most of my life , I have been running a flat head since 79 when every body said put a small block in it ! fuc um It`s funny how things have change over the years I Have a little shop in dripping springs texas and build hotrod`s , chop top`s , and all kinds of fab work , I love old cars . and this site is adictive in a good way ! I love it ! Casey.

Classic Casey...... Classic Casey.jpg

25. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I only got in on seeing his posts for a little over 2 years but enjoyed reading every one of them. I miss the hell out of that.

26. Countn'Carbs

Countn'Carbs
    from CO

Thanks for posting this. I never met Collin but always enjoyed his posts. When I first saw that "plane picture" I was like 'Right On'...this guy knows how to live!
    This spring I need to do a donut in his honor.....hopefully that tradition continues.

27. blasted

blasted
    from N. Tex

Who else could hold up that many Yellow slips and still have that grin.

28. seatex

seatex

"BOOM"! Did you hear that Casey? Doc talkin' smack again just like we wee getting ready for the Texas Thaw again................(maybe you can twist an axle for him!)

29. blasted

blasted
    from N. Tex

Don't curse me JB. He gets me all the time. Last week, driving the 32 to met a bud for lunch. Coil spring fell of the shock. Hit the road. There ain't room for that to happen. I just laugh, he had a evil sense of humor.

30. We miss seeing him when we get to Austin for the Round Up. RIP Colin.