Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Cole Foster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 5, 2021.

1. I remember him saying that he used a scuba mask when he was laying on his back and sanding body filler!

fegsta, chryslerfan55 and Tman like this.
  2. No reference to the solid write up on him in TRJ? (one of the issues in the 20's if I recall correctly). Actually re-read it not too long ago. Good piece.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. buschandbusch

buschandbusch
    from Reno, NV

Thanks for sharing the vid, a nice stoke for the weekend, good motivation. Finally got to meet Cole at his Salinas show back in 2012, after loving his work for years. It was a relief to find that he was so totally down to earth and humble, a true class individual (after the show, he sent us a really nice letter, thanking us for bringing our bike to the event, which we go back and read every now and then when we need a little extra builder motivation ).
    Also, was blown away seeing his work up close in person. The man pays attention to the little details for sure! Agreed that he will definitely be looked back on 50 years from now, because he has a style that oozes cool, no matter what field he is crafting in.
    Besides the TRJ articles, his interview for Gearhead magazine was a great read, but I find his book to be the best go-to for an insight into his unique view of what makes things cool

4. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    El Hueso, fegsta and Tman like this.
  5. silent rick

silent rick

who, this guy?

322661-Brandon2.JPG

Baumi, Hotdoggin DaddyO and Tman like this.
  6. I’m afraid to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. echo ed

echo ed
    from fla.

Very talented individual like his father Pat, enjoy seeing the well thought out builds.

8. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Great stuff Ryan!

9. BTExpress

BTExpress

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think I have about 30 photos of his old truck in my reference file. Possibly to remind me that a bit of restraint is far more appealing than radical for the sake of radical .
    Park one of his customs next to an identical model high point stone stock national caliber restored car and the stock one is going to look gaudy and over done by comparison. At the same time I don't remember one of his customs that I have seen that you can't instantly identify what it started as. It just looks a lot better.

11. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I got Cole a commercial with Miller Beer when I was working at a production company.. I just searched it on Yourube and it came up.. haha he made some good money on that spot and even had a billboard! Cole rules

Part 1

12. banjorear

banjorear

The '36 5 window he turned into a three window for James Hatfield made me an instant fan. Agree 100%. He eye for lines and style is incredible. Current top tier builder and future legend for sure.

fegsta and DuaneBallard like this.