Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Coker Tires

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bskustoms, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Has anyone else had trouble getting 165R15 Coker WW to balance. Recently bought 2 new ones to replace my Dayton WW that have been great for years, The company selling on-line has been helpful in replacing, with another one. Both tires purchased are out of round by at least 1/2 inch.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Sounds like they didn't double check the quality of the wheel

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang likes this.
  3. Gman0046

Gman0046

How many more complaints about Coker can there be? Too many to get my business.

Gary

4. Checked wheels, they were ok!

loudbang likes this.

5. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

My experience, not with radials but still with Coker..F60 Firestones..I'd say they were out by 1/2 or so too, sort of lumpy! They did balance and didn't show any problems on the car even up to 100 mph or close..After about 4000 miles they showed no wear problems and actually had lost about 80% of the out of round..I would balance and run them for a while and find a place that does tire truing..

6. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Do a search, this topic has been discussed way too many times.

7. A Boner

A Boner

Doing a search would be useless unless you are wondering about how good their used, made in the past, tires are. Starting a new thread is the only way to find out how good their new tires that customers are receiving now are. One can always hope at some point they will be 100%......no cigar today.....maybe in the next "how good are their tires" thread!

loudbang, rhtfo and 5window like this.
  8. I haven't used their radials,just the bias ply ans haven't had any problems with the last 3 sets I purchased from Coker. HRP

9. A Boner

A Boner

Three sets......was the last set was purchased this year? The first 2 sets are not really helpful as up to date information, as they could have been manufactured in another country from where they are now, for all we know. Are they driven at freeway speeds.....80mph plus? I would have thought the radial tires would be less problematic.....oh well.
    Every year, the major manufactures make more weird ass size tires.....you would think the specialty tire manufactures would be selling enough traditional sized skinny tires to be able to afford to upgrade their product line quality. One can only hope.

loudbang likes this.
  10. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I bought a set of Coker Classic radials for my '51 Ford (185/75-15 for the front and 225/75-15 for the rear) 2 years ago. The fronts balanced with 1/2 oz and one of there rears took 1.5 oz. I have had no problems with these tires.

11. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

5.60-16 and 7.00-16 Excelcior radials, mounted on 16x4.5 and 16x6 WV 14 series gennie wheels.
    Spun on a hunter road force balancer.
    Fronts were perfect, no weights.
    Rears needed less than 2 ounces.

12. southcross2631

southcross2631

The only problem I have seen with Coker radial tires is a customer put them on his 64 Merc Montery convertible. The car wandered all over the road until he upped the tire pressure to 42 lbs.

13. hotrodyankee

hotrodyankee

Bought 4 tires for my car, 2 6.00-16 and 2 7.50-16 radials. the 6.00 tires balanced good and one 7.50 balanced with 2oz, the other 7.50 would not even balance with 8oz. Coker sent me a new tire and it balanced with 2oz. They were understanding about the problem, and took care of it.

14. Gman0046

Gman0046

Returning tires that won't balance is a PITA. Obviously theres a quality control issue with the manufacturer. Never bought a tire locally that wouldn't balance.

Gary

loudbang likes this.
  15. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have never used Coker radials but have the Firestones Bias ply on my car. I have had no issues with them.
    Keep in mind that this can happen with any tire manufacture. I just bought new Dunlop tires for my wifes daily in spring. One tire had a wicked shimmy. Our road force balancer showed it was out of spec. Got a replacement and the new one was as perfect as the other three. It happens, not just a Coker issue.