Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Coker Tire Artillery wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Danshotrod, May 6, 2012.

1. Danshotrod

Danshotrod

Anyone know whats going on with Coker Tire. I tryed to order 16 x 5 Artillery wheels from them and they said they have know idea when they will be able to get them.

2. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Then they shouldn't advertise them for sale.

3. rowdyauto

rowdyauto

try wheel smith

4. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

5. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

Wheel Smith only offers them in 15"

6. chiropaul

chiropaul
    from Merced, CA

I just went through this whole deal. Wheel Vintiques made these wheels. I ordered them through summit at the beginning of May and was told I'd have them by May 29th. I received an email yesterday saying my order was cancelled because the manufacturer DISCONTINUED this size wheel. You can get the 15" wheels still, but the 16x5" are no more. I spoke to wheel vintiques today and they confirmed they do not produce them anymore and will not make them because they don't have the centers.

I'm stuck trying to figure out what wheel to run, I already have my tires for this 16" wheel so I'm not going back down to 15".

7. adam401

adam401

^^ Sucks about your order being cancelled but those 16's won't go to waste. Buy a set of stock steelies. I would nver run anything but 16's on a hot rod. Good luck

8. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

It's really because they don't have the rims. I could make you a set of 16" wires!
    http://www.rallyamerica.com/Street_Rod_Wire_Bare.html

9. Weasel

Weasel

Jimmy do you have the 16" rims for artillery wheels or are they completely discontinued by the manufacturer?

10. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

They were actually discontinued by the manufacturer about 10 or 15 years ago, they were a special rim that was 16" but had a 15" large ID drop center (13.228"). It was cool because you could make 15" and 16" wheels using the same center. I think the manufacturer was in south america somewhere actually. Wheel vintiques just had them from a long time ago and must have used them up now.
    Jimmy

11. Danshotrod

Danshotrod

I was in carlisle, Pa a few weeks ago and Universal Tire had them in there catalog. The guy at the show said to call him M-F to order them. I haven't called yet. 800-231-9980..Dan

12. merlinwag

merlinwag

Sorry to dig u a dead thread, but I am in the same boat now... Bought Coker radial wide whit wall 16's and really thought I could find a set of 16x4 artillery s.