Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Coker not Carrying Rocket wheels anymore

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mcmopar, May 12, 2019.

1. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I finally bit the bullet and ordered some wheels for my truck. I found a smoking deal on the ones I wanted from Coker. When talking to the salesman, he said that when the Rocket wheels are gone from there warehouse they were not going to carry them anymore, does anyone know anything about this? I then called Rocket looking for 1 more wheel and they said that they didn't have one and didn't know when they were getting more in. I then checked Summit, Jegs, Speedway, and a few other company's, and no one had another wheel. Can anyone tell me what is going on with Rocket? Im not saying the sky is falling but something seems to be going on.
    Tony

Deuces likes this.
  2. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Are you sure that the wheels you chose arent just discontined and thats why they arent selling "that wheel" anymore?
    Maybe thats why they were cheap?
    Ive heard rumors fly about both companies, but have never dealt with either personally,
    I will say I love the look of their products tho;)...:cool:

Deuces likes this.
  3. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

There was an email blast from Coker listing close out prices on Rocket wheels. Unfortunately, the sizes I needed weren't on the list.

4. Not trying to be a wise ass here, but you spoke with Coker and you spoke with Rocket and you communicated in some fashion with Summit, Jegs, Speedway and others. Did you ever ask any of them if the particular wheel was discontinued or was there something else going on?:confused:

OLSKOOL57 likes this.

5. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Coker said they are not carrying Rocket wheels once sold out, that is what I know.
    Tony

6. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Hope you find your other wheel, got a pic of what ya got or needing?

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. The owner of Rocket is Coker's brother, if i'm not mistaken; trouble in paradise?

8. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just looked at Summit's web site. They list 560 different Rocket wheel part numbers and Jeg's lists 532 different Rocket wheel part numbers.

It sounds like the OP's wheel may have been discontinued but there are 500+ other part numbers available.

9. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

People are putting words in my mouth that I didn't say, now pay attention and I will say it one more time. I never said that Rocket wheels had problems and was going out of business, All I said was Coker was NOT carrying Rocket wheels once gone out of inventory. All the other sites I talked about didn't have them in stock and didn't know when they were getting them in. I just thought that it was odd that Rocket wheels were not being carried by Coker, when both cater to older vehicles.

lonejacklarry, all the sites say they have them but the wheels I looked at were not in stock. I don't know if this is normal for them this time of year or not.

low budget, after talking to Coker the third day I got a different sales rep and he said they had another wheel in there CA where house. That was the last one so I did end up getting 2.

lothiandon1940, I know that my wheel is discontinued and have no clue, or said if there is a problem in the company.

Tony

10. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

I almost ordered a set when they lowered the price to close them out. They had what I needed but I hesitated. Now they're gone.

11. A Boner

A Boner

Hopefully they will be selling them directly from China now at a reduced price.

12. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Yeah, but the new tariff will cancel the price drop.

13. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Lots of Rocket wheels for sale on Ebay Motors.

14. A Boner

A Boner

Just like before they became "Rocket Wheels".....and the prices doubled!

15. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

I made a deal w Coker and was able to score on the remaining inventory !

16. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

.... and now the rest of the story.