Register now to get rid of these ads!

Coker / Excelsior Radials

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Will Kimble, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Will Kimble

Will Kimble

How are folks liking the Coker or Excelsior radials? Are they consistently round? I mean really round? :) I have heard they are heavy, do they balance out well? Any reason you went with one or the other besides looks? I am interested but they are expensive so I want to be sure before spending the money.

I have bias ply Firestones and have been fighting with steering issues all summer. I took a closer look at my tires tonight and they aren't round. Wheels are fine. I have sent Firestones back before because they weren't round and I am tired of it.

Thanks,
    Will Kimble
    www.kimblemandolins.com

2. I asked the same thing a while back. A search will get you lots of hits here. Mileage is short on them, they are a softer rubber.

3. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Posie used 'em on many of his rides and likes 'em. You might check with his staff, mention that I told you about 'em.

They're a great Crew, and the rides Posie uses 'em on are state-of-the-art. He used 'em on the Fleetliner for example.

JK

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011