Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Coil overs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mikey1935ford, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Mikey1935ford

Mikey1935ford

can anyone help me with what coil overs to use on a 1935 ford pickup.

2. fine29

fine29
    from Des Moines

Probably a 200-235 lb spring

3. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

4. QA-1 makes a shock & spring package that is tunable to adjust the ride. HRP

5. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

And if I'm not mistaken a dealer has different loaner coils that you can try.

6. Which end of the truck as well as what the truck will be used for plays a big roll in spring choice and QA-1s are really popular which may make them easier to replace. I like Konis personally but when choosing parts for a driver it is always good to choose something that is popular more then something that is not.

7. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

All the above info is great. One suggestion I would offer is DO NOT use the so called "progressive" spring some companies use. On my car you couldn't get a business card between the top four coils and when I questioned this I was told that it was perfectly normal. I don't know about you but when I have a 3" section of spring that each coil touches, I call that a spacer, not a spring. Pro makes great coil overs also, mgtstumpys info is all you need.

8. i just did a car with 4 coil overs i used afco shocks as they bought out pro shocks and hyper coils worked out well
    i use the longest stroke possible so they don't top or bottom out