Register now to get rid of these ads!

Coe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kenwwall, May 16, 2013.

1. kenwwall

kenwwall

Can anyone tell me if the cab off of a regular 41 to 47 Chevy is the same as the CEO and if so does anyone have one out there upper cab and doors

2. hdman6465

hdman6465
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They are different in a lot of ways. Doors, floor, cowl, to name a few.

3. I believe from the mid part of the doors up they are similar. Just the lower part of doors have the cutout and different lower hinge position. But the door internal parts and upper use the same. Cab has same parts with exception of the lower part around the fenders and the floorboard is unique. But dash, windows, roof should be the same.

At least on my 49 Ford COE that is the story, and from my observation of other COEs that is typically the design.

4. Getfuzzy

Getfuzzy
    from NE Ohio

The 1940-1946 cabs share a lot of the same parts and the ones that are different can be un screwed and swapped out for pick up or COE.

5. AkBillyBow

AkBillyBow
    from Alaska

This is what I have read also; the cabs themselves are the same. In 47 they widened the cab.

6. spooler41

spooler41

GMC and Chevrolet started to use the AD cabs in 1947, much different than '46 and earlier
    cab designs.

...........................Jack

7. cshades

cshades
    from wi

The cabs are the same except the rockers, some of the floor and the doors.The cabs are pretty close1939 to 1946.I have 2 cabovers and 10 reg cabs.