Register now to get rid of these ads!

COE Guru's, Info Needed on Tri-5 GMC COE w/pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rustahaulic, Apr 13, 2008.

1. I'm needin some info in this 55-57 GMC COE
    I just don't know enough about these oddities...
    So any help would be great...
    Ton-age maybe...This ole boy is a beast!, says 12,500# on the door.
    It says "370" on the grill...is this CI or a series #?
    It is a 6 cyl engine..also it has hinged front fenders for engine access (kinda cool/different) never seen this before...
    Here's a few pics...Thanks~[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. here is where you will get the info in your truck www.stovebolt.com (big bolt forum) www.oldgmctrucks.org is also a good pm spanky here on the hamb, big bolt/coe. guru! have some vin plate data ready is it 6 or v8? 6 cyl numbers are stamped on pad by dist. on pass. side of motor. 6 would be 270 or 302, v8 247?

3. Bigblock351w

Bigblock351w
    BANNED

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=j>www.6066gmcguy.org
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

4. OldSub

OldSub
    Member Emeritus

The sources suggested are the same ones I would have pointed you at.

That truck isn't usually called a COE, but instead a LCF for Low Cab Forward. I can't explain the name, but that is what they were called.

The 12,500 on the door is probably the licensed gross weight. What weight does the serial number plate show? That would give a better idea the actual size of the truck.

370 is the model, and I think a 370 is a 2-ton or a 2-1/2 ton, but I don't know these models well enough to be sure.