Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Coe gmc 1953 rubber tread guard for fenders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gsmed, Mar 13, 2017.

  1. Gsmed
    Joined: May 5, 2014
    Posts: 13

    from Minnesota

    I'm just finishing up a 1953 GM [​IMG]COE hot rod project and I'm trying to find a source for rubber treads to go on my fenders. Any thoughts of sources?

    Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app
  2. I'm wondering if the running board cover material is something you could use? I haven't seen the real deal offered but I may've missed it too

    Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app
  3. mite try Steele Rubber products,...
  4. gimpyshotrods
    Joined: May 20, 2009
    Posts: 18,359


    Might be a bit off-beat to find on a shelf.

    I am not sure what you have out your way for services, but out here, a quick trip to the rubber supplier, and a drop off at the water jet cutter, and you can have any shape you want.

  5. The problem with using flat material is that the COE fender guard is a compound curved surface. The picture OP showed may look like it is flat, but it is not. I had a 51 GMC COE for a while, and know the problem. I did not get around to solving that new rubber before I sold it.
  6. 40LUV
    Joined: Dec 30, 2003
    Posts: 1,812

    from Mid Jersey

  7. I've got a set I didn't use if your interested. PM me and I'll send you some pictures
  8. junkjunky
    Joined: Aug 19, 2009
    Posts: 110


    I'm pretty sure Jim Carter has those

Share This Page

Register now to get rid of these ads!


Copyright © 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.