Register now to get rid of these ads!

code compliance city of pomona

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zephyrV12, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garagerods

garagerods
    from Omaha

Send them a ticket for flying in your air space!!! :)

2. banditomerc

banditomerc

Liberal Idiots?that has nothing to do with Nazi like goverment buracracys looking to make ends meet at the property owners expence. The PEOPLE will rise!....just as soon as the sun comes up!:rolleyes:

3. dawford

dawford

I am paying Riverside Co. Code Enforcement $2400.00 for enforcement fees for the costs of them citing me and enforcement of my case for outside storage in excess of 200 sq. ft. :(

I live out in the country on acreage.

Riverside Co. has ordinances that state that any outside storage over 200 sq. ft. is dangerous and hazardous.

If they listed real dangerous and hazardous materials it would be different but they enforce by volume.

If it is legal for Riverside Co. to take away my private property rights in this manner what happens if they decide that any outside storage over 2 sq. inches is hazardous.

I built barns and did other things to come into compliance.

It would have cost more to fight them in court.

The crime here is that private citizens have to pay for their own attorneys while government agencies use Tax payers money to fight citizens in court.

Every one in this great hobby has to get involved in taking back our rights from City, County, State and Federal governments or they will take away our ability to enjoy private property and our cars.

The last time I got onto this type of reply the moderator said that the thread was getting to political and shut down the thread.

I hope that doesn't happen this time because everyone has to realize that this is everyones problem.

If you are willing to give up your neighbors rights then don't be surprised when yours are taken away.

:mad: :mad: :mad: Dick :mad: :mad: :mad:

4. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

5. He was a good Gov, he fucked up and killed a guy on a bike. He pushed things and it bit him in the ass, a good precedent for all of us, I would hate to live with that.

6. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

126 posts about a California problem & 61 are from people who live in another state!

7. big creep

big creep

8. i had the came problem in Ca
    i was able to put up a pole barn to store cars in north of SF

9. BLACKNRED

BLACKNRED

CAN I SAY

*** LAND OF THE FREE ***

mind you were going the same way controlled by arse sucking nannies.

10. Ahh, California. Hassling people on codes while Stockton lays off 29 police officers and Oakland lays off over 80 - best be making that 911 call over the barrel of a gun while bleeding from the first shot, I guess. And in Maywood, they laid off the entire town... that has it's plusses, though, even the codes guy gets the boot, so the neighbors can complain all they want, and if you go tell him you're going to do something nasty if he doesn't stop, there's no cops for him to call either.

But these codes things all boil down to the same thing... if you're going to keep cars, you have to know your codes and either move someplace where they're favorable, or figure out how to beat them at their own game by knowing them better than their people do. Now if they leave them up to interpetation, you'll be screwed every time, but if the codes are clear, make sure you're within them, and invite them to take you to court. Makes them look real bad if they waste taxpayer dollars on frivolous complaints.

The last time I went through that the codes people outright lied to me, saying that in my town commercial vehicles aren't allowed to be parked in a residential zoned area overnight. Which struck me as wrong right off since a lot of people's pickup trucks get registered commercial to save a buck. Sure enough, the actual code says commercial vehicles over 7500 lbs ... reminded them of that and never had another problem.

11. Deuces

Deuces

No biggie Steve.... We have those same problems in my neck of the woods also....

12. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

They're everywhere! Shitty "codes" that do nothing except put constraints on citizens as how a fuckin' extra car can be parked have nothing to do with.........anything............... Those codes are established by nanny society City/County councils and can be changed.

Keep on putting the word out. In my neck of the woods they don't exist. I can't park an un-registered car ON THE STREET, but on my property nobody can give me a ticket for it. In an adjacent neighborhood the thumb suckers have taken over though. They have a HOA. I'll keep saying it. If you are stupid enough to sign on to a HOA, you deserve the consequences....... It's important that we remain vigilant keep charge of our own back yards.

13. big creep

big creep

very true! i would never buy a home in a HOA attachment! oh we dont like the color of your house, oh we dont like whats parked in your driveway! thats like asking nazis to police your hood.

14. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

If you look at the photo you will see apartments/condos facing the property and have a good? view of the parking area, thats where your problem is being generated. In other words they "Dropped the dime" on you. They will again unless you get it out of their view.

15. That's quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

16. Clik

Clik

In most areas they are trying to reduce the amount of impervious asphalt and concrete. They want less run-off and more groundwater recharge. So, they often require pervious pavers for driveways and are even paving roads with pervious asphalt and concrete. Check your codes on that and you may be able to spread gravel. I have an industrial lot and zoning required it to be paved. Because of the promotion of pervious material gravel qualified as paving. You don't want all that dust and mud anyway.

17. dawford

dawford

A lot of the posts on this thread are of the "know the Codes and use them to your advantage" or "Move to somewhere were they don't have codes" type of posts.

Some have even suggested calling Code Enforcement on everyone else to bring pressure on the perpitrators of these injustices.

I thought about doing that. Then I thought that if I didn't like having my neighbor complain about what I stored on my private property why do the same thing to others.

If government takes away our rights to use our property the way we want to they might as well take away our property all together.

I understand their codes that restrict our ability to do something that adversly effects our neighbor.

But since when does our neighbor have the right to complain about what he doesn't want to see.

Does he also own all that he can see.

I have caved in to Code Enforcement my self.

But the problem is not the Codes.

We have to deal with the problem.

And the problem is the people in office who make the codes and our neighbors who encourage them to continue to erode our Liberty.

We have to educate our friends and neighbors of the problems we are having not only in the car hobby but in every aspect of our lives.

The Over the Hill Gang car club that I belong to is starting to address the problem here in California.

What happens here is going to happen elsewere if it hasn't already.

We want to pass out flyers at all car events to educate people who are interested in them to know what is happening to our rights.

These ordinances and codes seem right on the surface but they are eroding our basic rights.

The Founders of this great Republic were revolting not only against British taxes but against other British laws that limited there liberty. There were laws that said that blacksmiths could not make shovels, nails and other items that had to be imported from England.

The Constitution talkes about "Life, Liberty and the Persuit of Happiness".

I have been a Conservative all of my life and have thought that the Libertarians were a fringe group. I'm seeing that they have the right ideas about this kind of stuff. I don't suggest that you join the Libertatian Party. But be aware of the fact what we are again at War with those who would enslave us.

Our private property has become a War Zone.

We need to be able to fight for our liberty, if not with our guns with our votes.

The same people who want to take away our old cars are the ones who want to take away our guns.

There needs to be a Second Revolution in this country to take back our Liberties.

I write Liberty below the stamp on all of my mail as a small statement of my desire for my rights.

This small statement is the beginning of my personal war to take back some of the rights that our fathers died for.

If we don't fight back our children and grandchildren will pay the price.

:mad: :mad: :mad: Dick :mad: :mad: :mad:

18. I'd bet that the Founding Fathers didn't want people to fill their front yards with broken carriages, either...

19. Clik

Clik

20. dawford

dawford

"I'd bet that the Founding Fathers didn't want people to fill their front yards with broken carriages, either..."

When these same people won't let you register your car in the name of the invoronment or won't let you paint your house the color you want to you will understand.

Here in Temecula, Ca. people who have land on the rim of the costal plateau cannot build a house on the rimline of their own property if it can be seen by the owners of property in the valley. Even if it is the only area that is buildable.

The Community Church couldn't build a single story Sanctuary on land that they had owned and ocupied for 25 years because a neighbor complained that it would block their view of the mountains.

If you are willing to take away your neighbors rights then are a part of the problem?

We can all think of annoying things our neighbors do but we have to protect the values of our neighbors in order to protect our own values.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  21. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

this reminds me of cheech and chong with the tarp that looks like a swimming pool to hide there farm !!!! LMAO . freekin CA and there stinkin codes

22. dawford

dawford

California often leads the Nation so be prepaired for this to come to a theater near you if you live elsewhere.

23. gearhead1952

gearhead1952

I agree with dawford but not sure of what actions can be taken to change the situation.

I also agree with Mazooma that our stories are not helping zephyr the OP. He needs storage space in pomona,ca. I can't help zephyr but I can help those in Denver with a similar problem. Call Leon at Sidewinder Storage. $25 per month per vehicle for outside storage with daylight access only. Near I25 and I70. He has heavy equipment to help move non-op vehicles, an air compressor with hose running all the time and an air tank to help fill tires that have gone flat. Also a great guy and a car guy. I found him when I was in the same situation as zephyr so he saved my butt. Not sure if I should post the number on here but will via PM.

24. Clik

Clik

When I lived in the shity I had the mayor and whole town council in front of my house trying to close a loophole I found that allowed me to put my six foot privacy fence four feet further toward the front than they wanted it.

They were about to rule that I would have to move the fence four feet back when I inquired about color. They had no rules on color, so, I told them I was going to paint each picket a separate color.

At that point the Mayor huddled with the council and said "I would suggest that we leave this man alone".

Last I was by the old house the fence was still there. As was the high rise shed that only took up the code allowed 12' X 12" foot print.

25. dawford

dawford

Playing the Code game is alright but they can change the rules any time they want by changing the Code. :mad:

We need to change the players.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  26. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

^^right there is the key , my fellow rodders

27. CA. 280

CA. 280

As someone involved in the aerial surveillance originally referred to, I can guarantee you no one is flying over your property looking for salvaged cars. Cities hire us (specifically Health Departments) too look for vacant homes with stagnant swimming pools. A huge problem in California. That is your Government trying to protect you and your families from West Nile Virus, Malaria, Dengue Fever, Hepatitis and a host of other mosquito borne diseases. We will check on specific complaints, generally building code violations, but have never been asked to check for vehicles. If a code inspector showed up on your property it was because your neighbors complained.

28. Farrah Lane

Farrah Lane

Upside down above ground pool to cover your car? What an ingenious idea!!!

It's cool they're being nice about it and working with you, but it shouldn't come to that to begin with.

Pomona has WAAAY more problems to deal with then what someone keeps in their backyard. This is an issue I could Rancho Cucamonga throwing a fit over. But Pomona could focus their money into other areas of the town. Cars in your backyard should be the least of their worries unless your hiding criminals in the cars :eek:

Why don't those helicopters patrol Holt from time to time. That would behoove the city for sure!

29. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Spoken like a true representative of your profession. My reaction? Ha.:D

30. Ca. 280

You stated in part, "That is your government trying to protect you......"

Thanks but I've had all the "protection" from my government that I can stand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.