Register now to get rid of these ads!

code compliance city of pomona

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zephyrV12, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

I've never heard of a law like the one stated below .....(from the post above this one)....
    I can't imagine there is one...really.

......and the rule about only being allowed to own one vehicle per driving age person living in the house plus one is a total police state type rule. What kind of place tells you what type of possessions you can & cannot own (firearms excepted).............

2. seatex

seatex

Fuck Kali Kodes..............:mad:

3. Toner283

Toner283

One vehicle per license age driver was mentioned by two different people earlier in the thread. wasn't my idea, I think it is total BS if such a law exists.

would not be the first time there was a stupid law on the books.

4. 61TBird

61TBird

If only you were a little closer to the SF Bay Area...
    My property similar to hemi32's.Big gate on one side and room to park 10-12 cars.

5. 61TBird

61TBird

And he's still your Friend??? :D:D:D

6. D-fens

D-fens
    from Huntsville

When I still lived in ATL, one of my rocket surgeon neighbors cut down all the trees between my shop and his house.

Then he called the county and cried about the couple-three cars out by my shop, that boy-genius couldn't see from his property until he cut the damn trees down.

7. big creep

big creep

then you are subject to having to keep it on commercial property, not residential lot!

8. angry

angry
    from ventura ca

in ventura you can have as many cars as you want as long as reg and insurance they dont care if you have no place to park because 15 people live in a 1 bedroom and all drive suvs they fell it makes more tax money that way

9. big creep

big creep

ventura county is pretty lax, dont they let the homeless sleep in the park? i thought i remember hearing and seeing that there.

10. psyco50

psyco50
    from Pomona,ca

I live in Pomona, I just recently had to pour a concrete slab in my back yard, to shut these fuckers up. They might as well hang up a Communist Countrie's flag up at city hall, since we get told what we can and can't do on our own fucking properties.

Attached Files:

11. HONESTHERMAN

HONESTHERMAN

The answer to your problem is in the Pictures. You do not live in the country or even in an ez area. The Neighbors will not let it go. They are concerned about what you do. If you want it to go away and you want to enjoy your hobby. Move away from there in the next year. I have found that Neighbors like that will never let it go. They will call the city as soon as you let down your guard.
    Move and win... You can enjoy the Hobby then.
    Good Luck

12. Wrong, you move they win! they move you win! just look, everyone has something that you can complain about, even if it is not taking the trash cans in in a timely manner.

13. flatoutflyin

flatoutflyin

Here in Milford, OH, junk car means any motor vehicle which is inoperative or partially dismantled. Portions of junk cars not being utilized for the repair of a motor vehicle are considered junk. Outside storage is declared a public nuisance. No person shall allow a junk car to remain on a premises longer than 7 days after served notice by the police chief. Each subsequent day is a separate minor misdemeanor, subject to a $150.00 fine, $1000.00 for a business or organization. In addition, unregistered cars can't be stored anywhere, and Ohio law requires every registered car to be insured, even if it's inoperable. The state conducts random insurance audits, where the owner must furnish proof of insurance for the day selected by the auditor. It's not just CA.

14. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

How many people do you know that have an old car that is;
    “Important to me, but my neighbor has a junk car that’s spoiling the neighborhood”.

Signed on to a HOA? (Or some other pompous activity?) Part of the problem.

15. We don't bash you guys, just the liberal idiots you voted into power!:D

16. Yeah, we only had a true WWII hero, Joe Foss.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Foss

:p

17. Deuces

Deuces

Yeah! He's my hero.... Hahahaha... :D

18. Harry Bergeron

Harry Bergeron
    from SoCal

Part of the problem is what they're parked on -- most cities allow you to park only on asphalt, concrete or gravel. Go downtown and ask for the rules, also look up the codes online.

Since the economy is bad, there's no building to inspect, so they have to find work for their bloated staffs - since govt never gets smaller. Once you are familiar with the rules you can help them out by making a lot of complaints yourself--you'll be amazed at what's illegal and how easy and fun it is to spot infractions.

I did this in my town - over 100 complaints, cost them at least $30K to investigate. The beneficial side effect is that it stirs up considerable sentiment against govt, which is a good thing. You don't have to use your correct name of course, just use mine.

19. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

why is this thread still going?

20. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Lay a tarp on the ground stake the corners down. Looks like concrete from the air. Even if caught in the act, the flaming liberals will have sympathy, because "after all, he's trying"!!!! :D

21. CShroom

CShroom

That really sucks.

So far where we live they leave us alone, but it is really only a matter of time. And really for everyone griping about California. We are not the only ones that deal with this. And really it is only getting worse.

Hope your clean out goes well, I would bit on the trucks you have in the classified, but I am just flat out of space to put anything else.

22. here's the requirements pertaining to non-op vehicles in my part of Arkansas.
    :D......................................................................
    :D......................................................................
    Man, I do not miss Ca.

23. big creep

big creep

good one! its only a matter of time before they close this thread! and i would never live anywhere else! like i have said before. if you dont know, you will never get it!

24. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

We don't miss you either. ;)

25. Whooa big guy. maybe I should have worded that differently. I love so cal.:) all except the over regulation. some of my best memories were when I lived in Santee. and cruisin 2nd ave in El Cajon

26. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

so, here's a guy who's having problems with him "violating" the city codes...so he posts his problems on the HAMB.
    OK, all the support or suggestions that he gets from the HAMB will not solve his problem.
    He still will have them.

There's only two solutions:
    1. comply with the codes
    2. move somewhere that has no codes

Now, having said that, I know of no other options...yet this has turned into a "hate this" and "hate that" thread...and that's what happens when these threads no longer have the ability to "help"...and all that's left is a sounding board for wise cracks and finger-pointing.

Ladies and Germs....go to your garage...enjoy your hobby

27. Jeff J

Jeff J

And that's what I did, moved out of Calif. The hand writting was on the walls and that too in places!!!

28. 61TBird

61TBird

These threads are always a "fun read" until they're closed...

I especially like the "I used to live in California" posts.
    For every 1 that left,we get 10 Idiots to replace them with ideas on how "we" should change.
    Grow a Sack and tough it out.

There's always someone somewhere willing to help store Cars(and NOT burn you).
    You just need to get better Friends...:D

29. erlomd

erlomd

man, what a pain, and if its not in one city, its another...every city has its problems...I couldnt renew my house insurance cause I have a car in the back yard...its registered and everything but it has to be in running condition....what a crock!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.