Register now to get rid of these ads!

code compliance city of pomona

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zephyrV12, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No you are trespassing when you go in the "other" neighbors yard to get a better view of that neighbors tree without first getting permission from that neighbor to be in his back yard.

7 ft fence between his place and the neighbors. Neighbor can't see the bikes or his back yard but someone walked in the neighbors back yard and held a camera UP over the friggin fence to take the picture. Didn't have permission to be there. Read the damned statement fully through it's that simple.

2. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

I think we've already resolved that...but thanks for the hostility and for not reading all the posts before you got all grumpy:)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  3. Sweepspear

Sweepspear

Why? It's not much different in our area.

I'm not far from you, and here all vehicles have to have current registration, be operable, and parked on a paved surface.

4. hahaha.....

5. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Here's Chicago's:
    No vehicle may be parked in a yard that is not paved, all areas of pavement must have sewer catch basin of adequate size, no vehicle may be parked inoperable within 25 feet of any structure. No vehicle may be parked outdoors without proper tags and a city sticker. All inoperable vehicles shall be drained of all toxic fluids, all car covers must be flame retardant, No vehicle may be parked in a yard in a residential neighborhood. All vehicles parked in a yard must be concealed with an 8 foot fence with view blocking material of 95%. No fence shall be constructed that blocks air passage by more than 40%. No fence in a residential neighborhood shall be allowed more than 60" tall.

What do you think they are telling you, you may own a hand gun, you may not buy ammo. You may only look at it in the bath room while in the moment of defecating, upon clearing of bowel said item must be concealed to a nuke proof box.

6. Be a waste of time here.
    All our google earth stuff is 3 years old.
    It's not a live show you know.

7. ScottyVenture

ScottyVenture

I'm glad I left California.

8. Lild

Lild

In our village you used to be able to keep unregistered cars in your yard if they were out of sight but now they have to be in a garage. No plates and not in a garage gets a tow and a fine.

9. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

This Is why I love Trees.

10. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

the greased palm writes no tickets %^)

11. gearhead1952

gearhead1952

I have gone through this in Colorado and it seems there are different rules based on the county you live in. In Jefferson county it is what they can see from the street they can't go in your backyard. But if your neighbor takes a pic of your backyard and complains then in come the code police. They are also doing the helicopter thing seems every few days I see this black one flying low criss crossing the area. In denver county they can look in your backyard and vehicles must be on paved surface or 4 inches of gravel. Either county can impose the zoning rule of 1 car per driver in the household plus only one more. In my neighborhood vehicles are targeted on a constant basis but trash and other real code violations are ignored. I hate colorado but after reading francisco's post I hate chicago more.

12. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Busy-bodys, imagining that their imposing of thumb-sucking rules they dream up due to their inferiority complexes will change the rest of us.

Karma; They will come back in their next life as a piss-ants.:D

13. rick finch

rick finch

14. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

find some tarps painted like anti aircraft guns, fuck with their minds for a few days:D

15. bob308

bob308

i went through hell for 5 years fighting the township. they were so unwilling to talk they even told me i had to junk my 66 vette that was taged. they even counted the tagged cars as junk.

16. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

I came here for the 32 Ford 3 window hidden in the yard. ;)

17. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

If you're parked on dirt, the concern is pollution of the water table. The surrounding neighborhood looks pretty nice. Are you sure a neighbor didn't call since they can see over the fence from their second story?

18. MERRELL

MERRELL

thats bullshit! most parts of pomona you will get jumped or shot walking the streets after dark and their worried about cars in the backyard?!?!?

19. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

We live in a 'pocket' outside the tiny town of Atwater. It is a county 'island', but the helicopter pilots don't know that...(even though there are no sidewalks on our street, and we have wells!)
    I have tools, and am constantly pulling gags to amuse my pals...
    I took a piece of 4" plastic ABS, some scrap 1X4, and a dowel with a wood turning to look just like a rocket-propelled grenade...(just like the sand jerks from Al Keida)
    I displayed it to this kid that keeps speeding up and down our street. Braked to a near stop, now he drives real slow...
    Last winter, this helicopter comes over, goes into 'hover' mode, and is circling the property.
    I get the RPG thing, and run to the middle of the yard. The helo takes off like it's real, and I disassemble the toy, and a Sheriff deputy comes over. He's a friend, has a rat rod, asks "What the hell happened, did you shoot at a helicopter?"
    I say, "Heck no. Junipero. I just showed him a post for the new bannister on the porch. Think I need a permit?"
    He laughed, and left.

20. zephyrV12

zephyrV12
    BANNED
    from pomona ca

thanks for all of the info and replays but the city wants the vehicles out of my yard

21. Satinblack

Satinblack

I had a letter in the mail with a pic of my driveway saying I had non operational vehicles, I assume just because they dont have paint. So I call the inspector and ask him what non op vehicles? He says in the pics. I said if you got off your ass and out of your car to see they are fully registered and here in Calif you cant have registration without insurance, so kiss my ass if you dont like that my car or cars dont have paint on them. But if you and the city would like to use my tax dollars to paint them let me know and I have a few places I'll take them to and send you the bill.

He apologized, I said dont sterio type my vehicles because I dont drive a damn glittery lexus. Then he says well can you maybe put some seed in the brown spot in your yard, sure the one where my neighbors dog pisses, sure I can do that. Oh by the way here, heres a pic of my neighbors dog taking a shit in my yard so go f$%^ with him.

The sad thing is we in calif gotta here that the state is broke etc, yet they have tons of fines for any damn thing yet they still cant keep the budget under control with their pissing away of our dollars.

As far as the back yard, well take the shit apart and scatter it around and call it yard art. I can go to home depot and buy an ugly piece o crap looking dinosaur and put it in my yard, well i can build a fake gas station and decorate my yard too :)

22. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Thats what I was thinking as well, it seems like I cant drive anywhere around here without almost getting in some sort of a confrontation..

Thomas.. what it comes down to is $$$$$. I live in the historic district that the city claims to care about.. But what happens when there is a problem with one of thier "historic trees" and I bring it to thier attention by calling them many times just to get no response? Nothing! I go to the city personally and they tell me I have to call :confused:
    Like someone else mentioned in this thread, they waste a lot of $$$$ in fuel for that stupid ghetto eagle to fly around and spy on us, but they could care less when there is a problem..

Thats why im thinking of movin out of this town.. Anyway, its nothing personal.. try cutting down all the weeds and grass, moving the cars closer and more often and covering them... It might help..
    Hit me up to when you get a chance.. I might need some more parts..

23. Deuces

Deuces

........ Like in East L.A. or South Central???

24. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Street crime/criminals are much more work and cost money. Inspectors make $$$ alll day long. As broke as CA is they'll do anything for revenue. Including more of those stupid red light cameras.

If Arizona decides to seceede from the union then I'm jumping ship! :)

25. zephyrV12

zephyrV12
    BANNED
    from pomona ca

need storage near pomoma

26. Deuces

Deuces

I can't complain... I have a dead truck in my driveway that needs a new motor... I gotta move that thing farther back towards the garage before our city inspectors start giving me shit. :(

27. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pomona isn't the same as NZ. Some places get higher coverage rates than others. Cars stored in backyards don't tend to move very often, so satellite coverage once every 24 to 30 months would be sufficient to tip off authoritries about where to go snooping, without having to fly a plane.

28. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Thats the spirit!:cool:

29. Toner283

Toner283

I am surprised that no one has mentioned this yet. if you put a vehicle on a trailer then it is not a "vehicle" it is then "freight" and subject to a different set of rules. this would be an expensive option for 3 or 4 vehicles but would work OK for one.

and the rule about only being allowed to own one vehicle per driving age person living in the house plus one is a total police state type rule. What kind of place tells you what type of possessions you can & cannot own (firearms excepted). That one is total BS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.