Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest "Cobra Merc" Sly Stallone

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bigdaddy, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Laurent

Laurent

Many times, some no car guys told me '' hey you have the same cars that Stallone had in the Cobra's movie!!'' From here in Europe I thought it was not to bad.. people was touched by the movie and the Merc was staying in their mind for longtimes...
    [​IMG]

2. Shamedevil

Shamedevil

The movie is still cool.......................

3. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

the fuck you 54 is the cobra car it never was a merc you all were fooled even sly
    thats why i drove it with no hood grill and bumper for so long it was in disguys
    exclusive on TMZ tonight a t 8

4. John Denich

John Denich

WOW the car in the Movie was a 50, This is clearly a 51......I hate Hollywood..and their crap! I like the Cobra car...For what it is!

5. jason65

jason65

I saw the same thing on tv about a year ago. They said the Merc that they stole "the one with flame throwers" was the Cobra car. It was a movie car special that was on Spike. Who knows "shrug".

6. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

It all started cause it was on e-bay if i remember correctly & was equiped differently than this with roll cage etc..Plus i think it was being used as a 'roadrace' car too.....but that was years ago...

7. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

Nah that would be cliche

8. terryr

terryr
    from earth

Mercanski?? Lincoln Mercanski.

9. HotRodHon

HotRodHon

No, the merc in "gone" was a different car. Much closer to a period perfect merc than the cobra car.

When I picked up the 39 from gone in 60 seconds the cobra merc was in the back of the warehouse for "cars are the stars". At that time, it was obvious that it was the cobra car with that ugly ass scoop. There was no effort to hide it because they owned it. It had been completely gutted. no glass, doors off, ect. That was ten years after Cobra.

Stallone would be better off having a new one built.

10. Maricopa

Maricopa

Shouldn't a guy with the name Cobretti,...nickname "Cobra",.... drive maybe ,...oh I don't know,...A FUCKING COBRA!

That's not even the weirdest part. The film company gave Sly a real Cobra after the movie came out....He sold it not long afterward.

11. Sanford Graham

Sanford Graham

It doesn't matter, kool or not,update's or not, the point is, it was stolen, i don't care who owned it, he should get it back,and I hope he doe's get compensated for all the crap they've pulled

12. One FINE looking merc right here!!!!!!!!!!!! Diggin it !:cool:

13. classicfins

classicfins

Actually I think Oscar was his best one...

14. racer756

racer756

This car is missing the locking front hubs...

15. skullhat

skullhat

the gone in 60 seconds car is dean bryants merc, not one of the cobra ones

soon after the movie was shot, the guys at the shop next door to me bought 3 of the stunt mercs, and a convertible merc shell for 1500 bucks for the lot.

one got got a blown flattie and some other mods and was raced at the carerra pan-america. did pretty well iirc

another got some odd -mods done to it and eventualy wound up towed to the wrecking yard. not sure what happened to the 3rd and the convert, but they are out there some where im sure

i remember checking them out when they 1st arrived, pretty beat up, full roll cages, and they used campbell soup cans to french the tail lights.

a couple of the cars were so full of tubing they were almost like off road buggies with the bodies hung on them. got a few pics laying around the shop some where, gonna have to dig them out.

skull

16. Man Did that editing suck!!!!!!!

At 2 minutes in during the car chase, you see the merc flying in reverse, then going forward, then in reverse again!!! They paid someone to edit that? They should of kicked em in the nutz to wake him the f up....

17. That might of messed with his hair...

18. One of the cable channels ran that movie a couple weeks back, so I flipped on the end of it. I couldn't figure out how they ran through an orange grove, into what looked like an orange juice processing plant, and ended up in some kind of steel mill. But as soon as I see this hook coming by on some kind of overhead tram, I knew someone would end up impaled on it. I was right.

Other than that it's basically "what if Rambo was a cop?" ... he fucking kills everybody it seems like. Not that that wasn't predictable either.

Maybe it's just one of those movies you need to be under the influence of some kind of drug to enjoy - I'm just too cheap to buy some booze ahead of time and watch it drunk.

19. eddie paul

eddie paul
    from El Segundo

I was.

20. Awesome. Hello Mr. Paul.

21. joeyesmen

joeyesmen

I always liked the Merc in the movie Badlands . . . great flick too.

286937-Badlands00018.jpg
    286938-Badlands00026.jpg
    286939-Badlands00025.jpg
    badlands.jpg
    i089352.jpg

22. March 30, 2011
    (CBS) Sylvester Stallone has reunited with his car after it was reportedly stolen out of his garage 17 years ago.
    The 1950 Mercury was allegedly stolen back in 1994. TMZ reports that Stallone discovered in 2009 that the car was about to be auctioned off by a company that provides "on-camera vehicles." When Stallone asked the owner for his car back, the owner refused, according to the report.
    The 64-year-old "Rocky" star did not accuse the company of stealing his car - he simply wanted it back - so he filed a lawsuit to regain possession.
    Now, TMZ reports, Stallone has reached a settlement with the car company to regain ownership of the car. Details of the deal were not disclosed.
    In the suit, according to the report, Stallone describes how he found his vehicle "by sheer fortuity" when he came across an online car auction that featured the same Mercury "Cobra" car. He goes on to express his shock toward the occurrence and that someone had the "temerity" to attempt to sell his car in public after Stallone reported it stolen.
    The "iconic custom-built" Mercury was featured in the actor's film "Cobra." Stallone claimed in the suit that he designed the car to fit his role in the movie, and that the car is worth around $250,000.

© 2011 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.