Register now to get rid of these ads!

Clutch question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wild willey, Aug 17, 2010.

1. wild willey

wild willey

Was wondering if you guys could suggest an AFFORTABLE clutch kit to replace the one that THE MORON that owned it before me had in it. I need something to get me through the rest of the season until winter when I PLAN ON MUTATING the power train and start my "ANGER MANAGEMENT" phase.....
    Engine is an early sixties 327 cu in
    T-10 trans
    4.56 gears

Any help from you guyz would be GREATLY appreciated!!
    Stay Koolsville!!
    Jon "WILD" Willey
    www.wildwilleyllc.com

2. Anything over the counter from Hayes has always been good for me. But for a budget, I always liked Borg Warner rebuilt clutch sets, they may take yours for a core. Look around for a local clutch rebuilder, many sell to the public.

Bob

3. wild willey

wild willey

4. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

Use the 10.4 crown diaphram style unit ,standard issue from the early 60s in the small blocks. The old Perfection cover # was CA1675.

5. AlbuqF-1

AlbuqF-1
    from NM

Clutches sure seem to have gotten pricey...

For a real cheapo fix you could have the disc relined and live with the diphragm you've got. Is it slipping, chattering, ??

6. wild willey

wild willey

No ... I just plain lost EVERTHING ,the pressure plate and DISK.I was sitting @ a light and it literally let loose.

7. Good to see Perfection is still around, they used to be Perfection American and I believe they made Zoom clutches. It pays to shop around and see who carries a decent product line.

Bob