For those of you who follow our weekly Clutch Popper Wednesday thread, you may remember a few weeks ago we were stripping a 79 Ford pickup to use as a donor vehicle for "Project X". Well tonight we finished Project X. So many of you maybe wondering, what exactly is Project X? This is Project X. Yeah? thats that ugly ass 59 International Johnny bought earlier this summer? Where is the project part? Well let me explain a little more. On August 14 there was drag races at the Vegreville airport. Johnny and his son Liam came out to help me out as I raced my dragster. It was Liam's first time ever at the races, and Johnny's first time in 15 years. It was hotter than hell that day and my 64 F-100 has no A/C, so during the one hour drive home, both windows were down, vent windows wide open, and my little 223 6 cylinder screaming away as we towed the dragster behind. Needless to say there no conversation happening due to the noise. This allowed plenty of time to think, and review how the day at the drags went. This is when the light bulb lit up and I got the "Stupid Idea". As we pulled in to town, and the noise level quieted down I said to Johnny, "Hey, I've got this dumb idea!" "What kind of dumb idea?" Johnny asked. "Lets put a big block in your 59 International and see how fast it will go" I responded. Johnny thought about it for a few seconds and then said, "Yeah that is a dumb idea. Lets do it!" So over the following week we came with a game plan, and decided to build an extreme low buck drag truck. We decided we were going to try and hit 13 seconds with a budget of $3000. We mentioned it to the rest of the club and asked if they would be willing to donate parts and time and partake in this optional Clutch Popper project. Fat Dave, and Big Dick Dave both supported the idea, but could not spare the extra time and cash to help out. Charlie however was fully on board! We searched the kijiji classifieds and found a 79 F-150 with a running 460 and a C6 transmission for $700. Johnny found a buyer for the International drivetrain and sold it for $400. The offroad tires that were originally on the 59 went on kijiji and within an hour they sold for $250. We used this cash to buy the 79 F-150 (with a little spare pocket money thrown in to make up the difference) and we were on our way. We fired the 460 to make sure it ran good and then stripped the 79 of anything we could use. Afterwards we took it the crusher and scored another $200 for the scrap value. With the 460 out we cleaned it up, gave a fresh coat of paint, and dropped it in the 59. For motor mounts I just fabbed up a crossmember out of 1" X 3/16 wall tubing with a few gussets for good measure. The stock IHC frame is 3/16 C channel. This is Day three of the project. Day one we stripped the IHC and cleaned it up. Day two was mock up and fab, Day 3 the 460 went in for good.