Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Clutch Popper Wednesdays

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jalopy Kid, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Yea did you see the rims on it?!?! Those are gross! It needs your cragars!

2. Greezeball

Greezeball

It's ok those are the winter wheels right.

3. Yeah! So it's Wednesday night again! Best night of the week.
    Tonight Johnny took us out for dinner as usual, at the New West.
    Johnny and I had the Thanksgiving special (turkey and stuffing) while Dave had the Denver Omelet.
    Back at the shop Dave and Johnny got started on fitting the sub frame. On Sunday Johnny cut all the cross members out of the sub frame for the channel. 5" in the front and 4" in the back.
    [​IMG]

Just a few hours ago this was under 4 feet of snow!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They then built some pieces to mount the cross members 4" further up. And Matt Hotte showed up for a while to help out. Thanks Matt!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And there it is, not quite finished yet still some welding to go and some gussets.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

While they were doing that, I got started on some motor mounts!
    Johnny bought this Hurst mount off of Deuce Merchant a weeks ago, so now it's my job to make it fit in between these rails. Don't ya just love the Caterpillar yellow.
    [​IMG]

I started with some 2X3 tubing to make a set of flathead style mounts.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Something like this...
    [​IMG]

I then went ahead and drilled the 283 block for the Hurst mount. One side already had holes, the other side needed to be drilled and tapped.
    [​IMG]

And done!
    [​IMG]

Next step, bolt the 283 to the 4 speed, mock it up in the frame rails and see where the mounts need to be welded!

And thats its for this Wednesday night.
    So does anyone know how much coke Charlie Sheen has snorted in the last 2 weeks?
    Enough to kill Two and Half Men! :D:D:D

4. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

hey man, really dig the updates!

look forward to it every week!

5. this is one of my favorite threads! keep up the good work.

6. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Lovin this. its kinda funny that you keep your parts stash outside under the snow...J/K.
    I'll follow this thread from now on, altough im into diff style of cars i love what you guys are doin

7. erock805

erock805

Love this thread, thank you.

8. That way nobody steals them, they just think it's a snow bank:D

9. It's less funny when your the one that has to go out, and dig the stuff up out of the snow.

10. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

Cool build on the T, you should look into removing that windshield header, in my opinion that tall header looks like poop on T's, especially when chopped. Check out "BAD NEWS" , it was removed and looks cool.

11. Stay tuned. We have a plan.

12. Looking good guys. Love the updates every week.

13. Awesome, thanks for the update!

14. hotflint

hotflint

Yeah, I seem to remember digging for a buried 40 crossmember a few weeks ago too, it's a good thing I am like a snow shoveling machine;)

15. Yeah I remember that too. But for some reason I can't remember Johnny out there in the blistering cold digging it up? I'll have to go back a few pages and look at the pictures.:D

16. Oh and thanks to everyone who enjoys these updates. We do this for you guys!

17. El Gordo

El Gordo

No mention of Fred?? :mad:

There better be a picture AND an update on Fred next week!

Don't make me unsubscribe!!

:D

18. That's ok, this weekend I gotta find the front and rear ends. Both completely buried at the moment.

19. Fred was being anti social last night. Hardly saw him all night.

20. Greezeball

Greezeball

Fred like the rest of us here in Northern Alberta is sick of winter and a little grumpy. :( I know I've been a little antisocial lately! ;)

21. El Gordo

El Gordo

Ain't that the truth

22. HAHA yup I think we have all had enough. No more snow please.

23. Spring is tomorrow, then next week we'll have summer. Then back to winter again.

24. Greezeball

Greezeball

Ha ha ha don't be so optimistic.

25. It was Daves night tonight. Special at the o'l New West was Pork Cutlet or Chicken Cordon Blue burgers. Dave had the cutlet, Johnny and I had the chicken burgers, and they were delicious!
    A quick stop was made at Princess Auto for some valve stems, brass fittings and vacuum hose.
    Back at the shop Dave started pluming the vacuum hose for the wiper motor, and Johnny started cleaning up the wiper motor and get it ready to bolt back under the dash.
    Dave was originally going to modify a ford electric motor to fit, but then we all decided to just put the vacuum one back in. If it aint broke, don't fix it right?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While they were doing that, Fat Fred and I teamed up and started mounting tires. I've wanted to do this for so long, as I personally think the chrome reversed wheels looked like crap. Don't get me wrong, I love chrome reversed wheels, but they just did not suit Daves car!

[​IMG]

Once again, more snow shoveling to find parts. But on the bright side, every Wednesday the snow piles are a bit smaller than last time. Soon enough there will be no more snow piles to hide parts under.
    [​IMG]

For a dog that hates being cold, he sure loves ice
    [​IMG]

The manual way, dish soap and pry bars haha
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Much Better!!!
    [​IMG]

Once I finished mounting the tires, and Johnny finished bolting them on, I jumped under the dash to relive Dave who was getting rather frustrated trying to get the wiper motor back in and the tiny screws threaded in.
    While I was under there I put the heater assembly back in and hooked everything up. Now it has heat and defrost!!
    [​IMG]

Also while I was in there, I bolted all the window regulators back in. For some reasone the old owner of Daves fleetline unbolted everything on the doors.
    [​IMG]

While I was doing that, Dave started cleaning 3 years of nuts and bolts and general crap that has accumulated in the car during the build. Under the back seat we found a City of Regina road map from 1970. I put in Daves glove box in case he ever gets lost in Regina, in 1970!
    [​IMG]

Hey you can actually sit on the back seat now! The gross disgusting back seat with weird stains all over it, and sharpie doodles.
    [​IMG]

And just like a little kid riding in the back seat, I got bored
    [​IMG]

Nothing says heterosexual like 3 dudes in one back seat haha
    [​IMG]

And to end the night, Dave took us for a ride, he is so nice
    [​IMG]

26. The new tires look great. Thanks for the update.

27. Fuck ya, Dave's car looks sick now, love the new wheels, caps and WWWs.

28. So who the hell gave this thread a 3 star rating anyways? Are we really that bad haha?

29. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

hey you dorks are alright. ( i'm a dork too, i can say these things )

just kidding. i like your guy's style. normal dudes building really cool cars and having a shit load of fun doing it.

nothin better.

30. I was just thinking the same thing, probably just people jealous of you guys!