Register now to get rid of these ads!

Clutch disc and pressure plate question???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fifty5C-Gas, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Fifty5C-Gas

Fifty5C-Gas

Can I use an 11" pressure plate and a 10" clutch disc??. I laid the disc on the pressure plate and the disc is completely covered by the contact surfce area of the pressure plate, if that makes any sense....Thanks,Mike

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  2. Fifty5C-Gas

Fifty5C-Gas

Anyone?? I need to know ASAP, im trying to get this done now. Thanks.

3. squirrel

squirrel

If you need to get it done now, it'll work :)

If you're trying to make it perfect, you could do better.

4. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Should work.Back in the old drag racing days we would use a smaller diameter disc,basically for weight-inertia type things so when banging the gears at 9800 rpm:D we thought it helped disengage the clutch quicker.Don't know if that actually helped. But I did my fair share of grabbing gears.It moved my 4000 lb. wagon down the track pretty good.Course there is a limit.You sure that is a 10"disc?That should not completly cover the plate.

5. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

"PP covers the whole 10" disc" It will work fine..Just remember that its a 10" clutch..

6. Fifty5C-Gas

Fifty5C-Gas

Thanks for all the responses guys, This is for my 51 Ford that the motor went so im putting a 350 in it. I have so much time and money into this and no more money to throw at it. I figured it would work but just needed reassurance, lol. Its a bone stock 350 with the stock 51 Ford 3 speed behind it, I'ts just a cruiser, not for speed and power.

7. wingedexpress

wingedexpress

Should work fine as long as the friction disc is covered. I Think GM used the same pressure plate for 11" and 12" disc.