Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Clothes make the man ... OR ... wheels make the car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Roadster, Apr 22, 2013.

?

Which wheel ?

Poll closed May 6, 2013.
  1. Red steelies

32.4%
  2. Sandstone Beige steelies

34.5%
  3. Halibrands

33.0%
  1. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sandstone fits the cars personality...!
    Halibrands look good....(gives this car a "billet" era look)

T

2. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Not much to dislike about any of these combinations. I really wanted to like the sandstone, but think the red pops a little more.

3. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

Halibrands! .....sandstone looks boring and the red is to bright, takes away from the car, Halibrands are just right..... Or you could just sell them all and Buy Torque Thrust :D
    Winner:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  4. banginona40

banginona40

My totally unbiased opinion is the red wheels do the most for the car, and that is one bitchin' ride

5. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

Hali's, no fake knock-offs or black with caps no rings.

Scotty

6. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

sandstone . it has that sneaky appeal of whats going on here , enough to draw you in for a closer look. remember less is often more......

7. I voted sandstone but i'd lose the radials, hali's look too street roddy for my taste and reds are too common

8. slowmotion

slowmotion

Over done as hell, but the RED wheels make that ride! JMO :eek: :D

Beautiful coupe btw.

9. The red really pops and I know everyone swears they are played out but I think they still look pretty sharp when done right especially on black. Think about how many people simply default to black steelies now, because it's the current trend in "traditional" with the crowds approval...

not that I can't dig the black when it's right too. I just generally shy away from cookie cutter stuff.

10. ESGEE

ESGEE
    from Sweden

Red steelies on a Black car...
    But my first choice is red 1932 spokewheels on a Black car...

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  11. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

Of that choice, I pick the Halibrands. But I reckon a steel painted steel rim with a whitewall would be the best option

12. Rat.Racer

Rat.Racer
    from Maryland

Red depending on your interior, if not, halibrands...

13. They all look great! The current trend leans toward cream steelies, but the interior being red makes them look a bit misplaced. However; since you are asking opinions, I think it is a tad low in the rear. The front is just right, but a bit taller in the rear and a slightly larger tire on back would make it just that much more tasty to me. Three window/full fendered deuces ROCK!!!

14. As previously stated why settle for just one look ??? I personally like the cream wheels, but I would also have gone for the black on black on black look too !!!!

15. Petejoe

Petejoe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Zoar, Ohio

Red wires with tall and skinnies. :)

16. maplefrm

maplefrm
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central IL

I like the red wheels because they are a good match with the red interior. It all works together.

17. brandon

brandon

the halibrands need more offset in the rears...but that's just me. :D

18. slowmotion

slowmotion

Agree, up in the back a scoosh while we're at it. :D

19. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.

I like 35 wires,no one I knew had $ for Halibrands when I started building rods in the late 50's,still there neat,just not likely,yet if you have'm use'm no dout they look cool

20. Of the options stated, definitely Halibrands!

Asking for my opinion of ANY color, I'd say maroon/oxblood to match the interior!

And Henry's wires would be sweet, too!

Killer Deuce, no matter what's on it!

21. swsimon

swsimon

Red. It makes the black really stand out. My opinoin

22. Friday night - red
    Sunday - sandstone
    Strictly business - halibrands
    Weekend adventure - torq thrusts

23. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I would have went with Red Steelies most of the time but those Halibrands look really good one there.

24. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Can you add the option of Early American 5 Spokes like the Doyal Gammel coupe for good measure?

25. This thread proves beyond a shadow of doubt,,the Hamb collective is definitely opinionated,,ask about 3 different wheels and get offered other variations,colors,styles,to raising the car up in the rear.:D HRP

26. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

You have disk brakes on that thing don't you? They won't fit....not that it was an option anyways :D:D:D What Would Doyal do??[​IMG]

27. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

My 2 bits:

Red= Hot Roddy
    Sandstone = Stock restorationesque
    Halibrands = Street Roddish

28. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

HRP opinionated? I like to think of it as passionate. If it wasn't passion then I wouldn't give two shits what he put on HIS car right?! :D:D:D:D It's fun playing with someone else's money in theory!

29. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Halibrands! What the hell is this vibe with Halis being "street roddy"? You guys do realize these were the ORIGINAL high end racing magnesium wheel, right? I do second the guys that are adding straight spoke Americans to the mix... 4 1/2" fronts with a 145 or 155 and 8 1/2" with a pair of Hurst radial pie crusts on the back.

Oh, and had the sandstone been a bit more to a bright cream color it would have won the day!

30. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

I have nothing against the Halibrands, but I'd prefer them on a fenderless car that was set up for racing, just like back in the day. Racing wheels on a racing car.

I say they look Street Roddy (not that there's anything wrong with it) because they have a "bling" look to them on what appears to be a fairly stock car. In other words, they're racing wheels on a non-racing car.

On the other hand, the reds remind me of a high school kid painting them red to make a good showing at the school parking lot. Low budget Hot Rodding at its best.