Register now to get rid of these ads!

Closed threads. Part 10,000

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Kenneth S, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

I was just wondering since the H.A.M.B. is being cleared of "modern traditional" (as I call them), and such threads what happens to them? Do they just vanish into thin air a few days after they are closed, or are they archived?

Could they have been moved to the DogFightMag forum? or is it too late? Some of the closed threads have had some good build info untill they go off course, and get closed? Plus it would be nice to be able to find, keep track of, and see the finished product. Just thinkin out loud.

2. X2 brother !!!
    90% of it is on topic and 10% is infraction.
    Very valuable and outstanding craftsmanship.

I'm sure it be a ton of work to just eliminate the infraction but its sad to see them go.
    If they are "closed" they drift down but usually you can find them. If they get "deleted" poof gone forever .

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

We don't have a method to move them. Sorry.

4. 63comet

63comet

Is it feasible to close threads without deleting them?

I've also seen the "wow, that's useful info" threads get deleted after heading south. Or even delete the offending posts and keep the thread?

I don't know what your software looks like on the mod end, on the forum I'm a mod at its just as easy to get rid of a few posts and lock the thread as it is to delete the thread. It's actually too easy to lock the thread, lol, the button is right next to the back button.

5. Sure,look around,there are a lot of threads that have been locked.

I woulds think because of someone creating a problem or fighting it might be better for the moderators to delete a thread.

I am the lead moderator on the '54 Ford Club of America site and can assure you my job is a cake walk compared to what the moderators here have to deal with. HRP