Register now to get rid of these ads!

Close call in the 50 shoebox last nite

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by old soul, Apr 21, 2011.

1. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

I was asking the guys about my front coil springs the other nite and got some really good helpfull advice.

Well last nite I went out to dinner with my girlfreind. Luckily I dropped her off at her grandmothers on the way home. When I was making a left hand turn into my drive way off of a very bussy road. Next thing I knew I was across the other side of the road On fire In the ditch. Facing the way I came from. Then flames started burning me. I had to make a move fast the dorr was jammed. Finaly I got it open and ran from the car. It was a full size 2011 4x4 chevy that hit me. He tryed to say I didnt have my headlights on and all he was worried about is what I was going to tell the cops. If I didnt have my headlights on witch I did. I wouldent of been able to see to get home. well the cops dont know whos fault it is yet. Witch its clearly his. If the cops dont make up there mind and put him at fault. Im out of a hot rod. I just spent everything I had to get this bad boy. Me and my buddys were getten ready to do the body work and paint it. LONG STORY SHORT. DONT GET REAR ENDED BY A 2011 chevy.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  2. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

im have a prob downloading pics

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  3. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

maybe if some one else can try to post them for me. Ill send the pics to them.

Attached Files:

4. 70dodgeman

70dodgeman
    from Alpha NJ

I can load pix ether. Anyway I don't know if it's to late now but you can write the other driver a ticket. You will have to go to court but since the money goes to the court you usually win. Then your insurance company will go after his. Light on or not a rear end is his fault! If his head lights where on he should see you.

5. el shad

el shad

That really BLOWS, Amigo! Sorry for the bad luck, but at least you are ok! Guess you wont be buying those replacement front coils now???

6. 70dodgeman

70dodgeman
    from Alpha NJ

[​IMG]Here's a picture.

7. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Wow! Sorry to hear about your near-death experience. Hope it works out in your favor and you can get back on the road again soon!

Similar thing happened to a friend of mine years ago. He was on his way to a rod run in Port Arthur TX. Just outside of town he decided to pull into a roadside store for drinks and bathroom break. He suddenly found himself with his wife in his lap and the car in a cloud of dust! When he came to a stop he could almost touch the ground through his door window. He had been hit in the rear by a speeding Chevy van whose driver had fallen asleep at the wheel AT 9AM in the bright shiny morning!
    The van hit the 38 Chevy sedan in the right rear, bending the bumper, clipping the fender from the quarter panel and wadding it up forward as the left front tire of the van climbed up the rear tire of the car... and STUCK there. Two wreckers had to pull the cars apart. The 38 was driveable albeit with a slightly bent frame out back and a definitely bent rearend. The gas filler pipe was bent into the wheel pocket and still had the accessory GM locking gas cap in place. The rear qurter panel was buckled and tweaked, not repairable but replaceble.
    No injuries but that was by the Grace of God.

8. ScottV

ScottV

... I have to say that guy had to have been M:eek::eek:VIN' !!!

9. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

only the good die youg

Attached Files:

10. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

Damn man, glad your ok!

11. harrington

harrington
    from Indiana

WOW!!! Man, glad you wernt hurt or burnt up. Cars can be replaced, lives can not. Hope all goes well and you get enought to get into a new rod.

12. wkrman

wkrman

You are very lucky, glad you are ok,sorry about your car. I deal accidents all the time with my business , the local police tell me that it's not up to them to determine who was at fault ,whitch does not make since! I think some times they just want to fill out the report and not investigate.

13. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

wow, i live on a road like that.

14. MAN that sucks!!! sorry to hear it but good to know you're ok

15. MY GOD!!! I remember just reading the thread about your coils as well! That is downright crazy dude! So very happy you're ok, and that your gal didn't have to go through that as well. Very intense!

16. flynstone

flynstone

good thing that door opened...........and your ok

17. Racrdad

Racrdad

Crap man, you are lucky to be alive! Hope the other driver has to pay up.

18. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Your one lucky man!

19. I don't think I would call it a Close Call, you got the full destruction. Glad to hear no injuries.

20. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Sweet Jesus, I just saw the accident pictures! Pal, that guy who hit you had to be flying, what is the speed limit on that road anyway? Somebody up above was sure watching over you AND your girlfriend that night!

21. Dennis D

Dennis D

Cops need to check his cell phone to see if he was talking/texting on it. That's what the youngster was doing when he ran into the back of my daily a few months back. His POS import was no match for the rear of my Chevy 4X4. I drove home, he was on the hook! Dennis D

22. the-rodster

the-rodster

You're idea of "close call" is different than mine.

Yikes, glad you're OK.

When you're hit in the rear, not moving, it's no question who is at fault.

Rich

23. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Wow dude, lucky

obvioulsy its the other guys fault, he rear ended you..you didnt back up into him

whats so hard for the cops to figure out?..even if its his word against yours on the lights deal, he still clobbered you from the rear and must have been going at a dam good clip from the damage i see

Failure to stop, and probably careless or wreckless driving, or some type of infraction is in order

24. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

he ran into you, it s his fault..he obviously wasnt paying attention. doesnt matter if your lights were working or not. glad your ok, you and your lady are irreplaceable!

25. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Don't care who's at fault. Waht matter is you're ok and your lady friend is ok. Now go find another Shoebox and get busy!!!

26. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Wow Dude! Thankfully your still here to tell us your tale!

27. Big Nick

Big Nick

WOW! That guy was going at a good clip! That is some serious damage! Glad you walked out of that one.

28. belair

belair

Glad you are ok. I agree that he is at fault regardless of your lights, but - is the switch pulled out? Surely you didn't have time to turn them on AFTER you got hit. Has the car been impounded since then? If you haven't been in it or have a witness who can say you didn't turn the lights on after the fact, then your lights were on when you got hit. Also, I have a friend who was an accident investgato and he said they can tell if the bulbs were lit at the time of the wreck from looking at the filaments. You might check into that, it might be of some use. Hope you come out good on the $$$$.

29. draggler

draggler

Good to here you escaped,, narrowly,as well as your galfriend!
    I know in Texas being struck in the rear is considered the strikers fault
    and or backing into a road way and someone hits you, its your fault.
    Not sure of Ny laws ,maybe it can help considering you were not backing
    up.
    Not to mention your gear selector may still be in the position for which direction you were heading before your were struck ! Good Luck, and remember it wasnt your time !

30. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

You should also go and see your doctor for a good checkup, make sure everything is in place and working properly.

If there are any underlying medical problems caused by the wreck you'll have a time line and such for going after a settlement.