Register now to get rid of these ads!

Clipped shoebox needs bushings....no ID! HELP?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scoottattoo, Sep 4, 2007.

1. scoottattoo

scoottattoo
    from Nevada

Ford expertise needed badly. This is my first thread....a shot in the dark. I bought this 50 Ford coupe that has a later model front suspension clip in it. To my eye it looks exactly like my buddy's 67 Galaxie but most fords this era look similar. Regardless the joints and bushings are shot! Tried to cross refferance part #'s and there are several differant applications for similar vehicles. My clip has drum brakes and the steer box (power) is behind the suspension. It has the diagonal strut braces and it has been cut down the middle for narrowing purposes. I cant find a # anywhere. Does any one know how I can Identify any part of it to determine what its from? Thanks a million

Attached Files:

2. looks like 70's ford torino to me. i have one in my 58 ford truck.

3. scoottattoo

scoottattoo
    from Nevada

thanks rickyracer1962. do you have any pics of that?

4. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

I'm leaning more towards mid 60's Ford. How does the lower control arm look? Can you take off the tire and post a dead on pic of it?

I must say though, thats a very weird subframe job. Why bother to clip a car with somehting with drum brakes? I mean he 86'd the kingpins but still, thats alot of work for only a minor upgrade IMO.

5. Tacson

Tacson

I just got off the phone with a buddy of mine who uses the 65-up FOMOCO clips in 1948-56 Ford Trucks. He is of the opinion based upon how I described your pictures here and what I know that this frontend indeed is a 65-79 FOMOCO rear steer clip. That being said the interchange on the bushing and joint should be very large meaning you can go to a parts house and match up a few different years. What he typically does when he uses a factory drum brake frontend clip, which is I think is 65-68', is change out the spindles to a midsize 74-76 FOMOCO product like Elite,Torino,or Cougar and get disc brakes out of the deal. The spindles will interchange. I know this is more info than you asked for but thought it might help.